• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• BXX

• RobertISaar

• Addicted to eaton

:bondo:YEEEAH!

do yourself a favor and make a smooth layer on that last coat... burning down massive amounts of bondo isn't fun. and get most of the rought work done before it's completely set.

thanks for the info that was my plan and for anyone wondering why i used bondo over fibreglass it is because im really alergic to fibreglass

thanks for the info that was my plan and for anyone wondering why i used bondo over fibreglass it is because im really alergic to fibreglass

Your not the only one, fiberglass give me such horrible rashes and I itch like fuck for weeks..

And please tell me your not using regular Bondo.. Theres a reason that stuff is cheap and has a bad rep. Its not that strong, the adhesion is ok on metal (not heard much on plastic adhesion) and for me has always left too many air bubble pockets where I had to use glazing like hell..

I also hope you washed the crap outta and/ or used some sort of wax and grease remover on the pillar trim as years of detailing makes that stuff greasy as heck. Also, you may find that your body filler may crack out sooner than later due to the subtle vibrations and flexing of the plastic. A flexible spot putty/ filler would be more suitable, and even though you may not be able to cope with fiberglass, it would be the most appropriate method to use Jake. You could even just use a fiberglass reinforced filler and have someone else sand it for you. When it's wet it's not too bad.

oh. well i made it pretty thick i hope it holds up for a while then if not oh well i will just keep patching it

oh and for adhesion i had a really rough surface to start with as i removed all the leather on the a pillar

oh and for those of you that said it will probably crack. my mom just dropped it and it held up fine

I dropped mine to. it was fine but 3-4 months in the car will take it toll.

What gauges are you gonna run?? And why on a car thats stock??

And if you say a A/F ratio gauge im gonna fuckin slap some sense into you:p Unless its a wideband and your using it for tuning reasons, there is no reason to have a fancy $50 paperweight tell you your A/F ocillates from lean to rich constantly.. There, I told you that for free! I just saved you $50.. fuck, im better than Geico!!!:showoff:

I dropped mine to. it was fine but 3-4 months in the car will take it toll.

THIS..

Its the test of time that will tell how well it will hold up. You might get lucky and it might hold up!!!

Now did you use just regular Bondo or something like the USC Chromate Lite that you asked me about (its much stronger and lighter than Bondo)

What gauges are you gonna run?? And why on a car thats stock??

And if you say a A/F ratio gauge im gonna fuckin slap some sense into you:p Unless its a wideband and your using it for tuning reasons, there is no reason to have a fancy $50 paperweight tell you your A/F ocillates from lean to rich constantly.. There, I told you that for free! I just saved you $50.. fuck, im better than Geico!!!:showoff:

i was thinking an a/f guage, mini tack and vacumme

j/k

vac

trans temp

??????