BRAND NEW GP tail lights

god910

Some of you know that I work for Guide Corp. the company that made the t/l's for the cars that we all drive around. I asked my supervisor today about having service run some taillights (joking around) and he said, "Sure just ask Phil (the plant manager) and he can have service set it up." :shock: Service as you may assume is the dept. that runs old vehicles. Anyhow, I don't have any specifics yet, but was told that they go back 10 yrs, and more for popular models (GP being on of the more popular Pontiacs, I can only assume.) What all years shared the TGP tail lights. (I *need* them for my TGP, need meaning not at all but I work there so why the hell not!!!) If someone can tell me what years are spanned for the same style t/l's I can get some numbers. Also, I will ask about a group buy to make sure all is okay but I will need a CONCRETE NUMBER W/ PREPAY. This is a 2 MILLION square foot facility that does not run off of I think so's. I can inquire about other models as well, but will have to have a group buy for those (as they are not for me) If someone wants to make this an annc. or sticky it might not be a bad idea as I want everyone to get a chance to do this.

Like I said up top. We made them the first time. It would be the same dies, the same machines, the same plastics, hell, probably the same damn people :cheers: (service people have been around awhile.)

Hey jay as you know my moms boyfriend is a supervisor at guide and i already had him check with phil to see about running some and he said that they couldnt becuase they dont have the die anymore to make the tailights. He said it would be to expensive for them to have the die remade for just a couple of sets. :cry: But i think i remeber him saying that the plant they have in new mexico has the die...but just maybe. Ill ask around.

EDIT: hang on i take that back...it was for the headlights for the tgp....sorry. :oops: :wink:

'88-'96 used the same tailights.

They were the same shape..but some models differed. The 88-90 base and LE models had different style tails. The 94-96 sedans had a different style as well. But they'd all still fit.

And heck ya, I'd be interested in some new checkered tails! I'm sick of looking for good ones for my TGP :(

Holy COW man!!! How much for a pair of 88-96 GP 2 door Checkered tails?

On the 88-96 GP There was 3 distinct styles

Plain base tails (No checkered pattern)

Checkered 2 door tails

STE 4 door tails (red on botom)

I could use 2 sets!

Any idea what they might cost?

Thanks a ton!!!!

Also - did you guys make tail lights for camaros (94+)? If so the export lights are in huge demand. They have the orange turn signal on the side instead of below reverse.

Some are going for $1,000 a set.

You could make a pure killing on those even at $250 a side.

I could hand you at least 20 orders for those within a week.

actually i think the STE tails and the 94-96 4 dr tails differ. the STE tails had the checkers in the reverse lights too, and a slightly different pattern if im not mistaken. this makes 4 different kinda GP tails

How about having some made with clear plastic instead of amber?

I'd love a new set of GP tails with the amber turn signals in clear. In fact, I'd be willing to buy just the insert alone.

I'd also like a set of front bumper turn signal lamps with clear lenses.

I'd love a new set of GP tails with the amber turn signals in clear. In fact, I'd be willing to buy just the insert alone.

I have finally found an occasion to use this emoticon: :puke:

Sorry Shawn, but that sounds pretty ricey...lol. I'd still like to see how it turns out though.

I have finally found an occasion to use this emoticon: :puke:

Sorry Shawn, but that sounds pretty ricey...lol. I'd still like to see how it turns out though.

Eliminating ugly amber lights is ricey? You've gotta be kidding me!

Most higher end cars use clear lenses and amber bulbs for turn signals, only adding the minimal required amber reflector on the front.

Just look at most late-model German cars. Even GM switched the Regal coupe's front corner lights from amber to clear with amber bulbs in 92... I guess that means you drive a ricemobile! :puke: on your ricemobile!