"Service engine soon" light

94 olds vert

lesson to be learned:

ALL OBD 1.5 W platform cars have an OBD 1 type connector, but with NO ground. this includes:

94-95 CS

94-95 GP

94-95 Regal

94 3.4 equipped luminas only (94 3.1 equipped luminas are still obd 1)

95 luminas and MC

You should always try to get your car scanned for issues to see what comes up. END OF STORY. Just because it still runs redneck strong doesn't mean an issue shouldn't be solved.

lesson to be learned:

ALL OBD 1.5 W platform cars have an OBD 1 type connector, but with NO ground. this includes:

94-95 CS

94-95 GP

94-95 Regal

95 luminas and MC

You should always try to get your car scanned for issues to see what comes up. END OF STORY. Just because it still runs redneck strong doesn't mean an issue shouldn't be solved.

huh? a ground is required for a scanner to communicate... Pin M is usually Data and Pin A is ground. the MC has these.

and the 93 3100 cuttys belong in the OBD1.5 section as well since it has just a slightly more primative version of the 94-95 3100 PCM.

trying again:

ALL OBD 1.5 W platform cars have an OBD 1 type connector, but with NO set up for a paperclip or "key" tester. this includes:

93 3100sfi equipped CS

all 94-95 CS

all 94-95 GP

all 94-95 Regal

all 95 luminas and MC

These vehicles are not compatible with the paperclip test method as they are not intended to be scanned that way. They must be scanned with a compatible scan tool only. As such the configuration of wires in the socket do not match the traditional OBD 1 paperclip testable set up.

Another lesson to be learned here:

If you have a car with OBD 1.5 and cannot scan it yourself, have it scanned at PepBoys for free, rather than paying a dealership out the wazoo for it.

Well my Check engine light is still on even after what I did.

My car is running better than it ever has and I don't think I am going to worry about it.

Does odb1.5 check vapor pressure in the gas tank? Check your cap and make sure its tight.