Grease stains on white paint

Galaxie500XL

I've finally gotten my '95 LQ1 Cutlass convertible running, but the paint seems to be a problem. Even though I was careful, I've gotten grease stains around the hood opening on the fenders that I can't seem to clean off, and white paint shows those stains very well!

Any suggestions on how to get my fenders white again without destroying the paint?

I use Purple power when that happens. You'll find it in most automotive departments. Honestly, I've found a bunch of uses for the stuff. My only warning is that it's super-strong and a little bit goes a long way. I've used it for: cleaning my car after replacing my water pump, stripping off 40+ years of wax buildup on my counters and cabinets, accidentally stripped the varnish off the shelf with it once. So yea, definitely be careful with it as if you use too much or wipe/scrub too hard, you can destroy the paint.

Sounds like it would be worth a try...

I'd also considered using a clay bar, but not sure it would help.

I use Purple power when that happens. You'll find it in most automotive departments. Honestly, I've found a bunch of uses for the stuff. My only warning is that it's super-strong and a little bit goes a long way. I've used it for: cleaning my car after replacing my water pump, stripping off 40+ years of wax buildup on my counters and cabinets, accidentally stripped the varnish off the shelf with it once. So yea, definitely be careful with it as if you use too much or wipe/scrub too hard, you can destroy the paint.

A friend of mine suggested GoJo....

Would this work without damaging the paint?

I wouldn't use GoJo...especially if it still has the grit in it like it used to(haven't used GoJo in a while, been using Fast Orange and other products lately). The gritty version will surely scratch the hell out of the paint. I would honestly just use dish soap to wash off the greasy panels. It will not hurt anything at all. If your car was previously waxed, you will want to rewax whatever panels you wash with the dish soap as it will remove most waxes with ease.