Floor Mats?

Galaxie500XL

Does anyone make a decent-looking floor mat that actually fits our W-bodies? My front mats are terrible looking, and I've yet to find a presentable set of black mats in any of the dozen or so junkyards I go to, or anything in a store that would fit without hacking it up.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, in fact, I'd be completely happy with something that looks like what the car came with.

Any suggestions that don't cost a fortune?

Yes, they would be for my '95 Cutlass convertible. The carpet is black, I'd like mats to match. Thanks for checking!

Thanks! I'm flying out of town tomorrow on business, so if I'm slow in getting back to you, it's because of the 12-14 hour days I'm going to be working this next week in Texas, not a lack of interest.

Finally back from my trip, and the nightmare of replacing the timing belt on my LQ1...did you happen to find the mats we were talking about?

Would these be for your Cutlass? What color? I may have a factory set, but I cannot remember I'd have to go out to my storage place and look.

These won't look like anything that the car came with new, but I bought a set of LL Bean Mud Mats (the extra large ones) for my Intrigue, and they cover just about every inch of carpet that your feet will ever touch. They come in grey, tan and maroon, and are a bit pricy for the large ones, but ll bean has their satisfaction guarantee so you can pretty much just say they're not getting clean and you're not happy, and you'll get brand new mats every year or however often you want to make that claim to them - what I've been doing after winter takes its tole on them.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/56842?from=SR&feat=sr

Did you get the chance to check out your storage? Things have gotten to a critical stage, my wife is complaining about the crummy mats in the front of the Cutlass... :dance:

I did check yesterday, and I don't have anything. Sorry man. Wish I could have helped :( I will look when I go to the junkyard in a couple of weeks to see if they have anything. They don't charge hardly anything there for them I don't think.

Lurking eBay, I have found some sellers sell customized mats. I am sure you can find a decent set in black with the Oldsmobile rocket. Fitment might be an issue, I have found ones that curve inwards on both sides work best. Still, other than factory, nothing fits perfectly.

I appreciate you checking. I've been scouring the junkyard myself. The passenger front mat isn't bad, but the driver's side is toast...