New Lumina SS v8

Mint Euro92

Chevy has released a V8 lumina SS to bad its in South africa .Why cant we have these awesome cars...

Yes, a nice reminder that these cars do exist... where gas is easy to find.

Notice how it's in the Middle East and Austrailia where the drilling for oil is not really regulated.

Regardless, you can get one; seen it on eBay, but the import tax is rediculous.

And there's a good chance you may not be able to license it since it's not built to US standards.

Something to ponder on...

Some more specs for you guys to drool on: General Motors - Arabia

- Erik

I can't think of anything neat about calais. Why not kill the lumina and call it the Chevelle, like it should be, like the lumina and monte and new impala should have been......

And Pontiac should import that car as well, not change anything, just slap a Pontiac spear in the middle of the split grille there and call it the LeMans or Tempest. Not the Parisienne, or Phoenix. Those names can die along with calais and chevette. What a difference a tt can make to the best car name ever.

hey...lets all go in on one and have it imported and use it for w-body gatherings. i mean...just to see people with dropped jaws thinking, "damn, these w-body guys got some nice shit!"

If I plan, I get to take it home then... :shock:

- Erik

They still have a versino of the EL Camino in production in Australia as well. I wish they'd bring that back here :( They had a kick-ass luxury concept at one of the last Australia auto shows. :D It's good to have friends in Australia :lol:

That is just wrong.

I went to the GMC-Arabia that was linked.

Lumina's have two engine's to choose from. The 3800 (205hp@5200rpm, torque meanured in Nm 306@3600) Or the 5.7 (324hp@5800rpm and 462@4200)

To add insult to injury, with the 3800 (standard) the 5-speed is standard with S and LS trims. The 4-speed auto is standard in the LTZ, SS and Wagon?!!!!

The SS trim option is available for the Coup or Sedan... sorry, no SS wagon available at this time... but it sure would be a nice sleeper.

Are these Lumini still W-bodies? And are the V-8 beasts still FWD?

I'm so not liking GM right now.

Feck, plastic covers for engines are complete BS..... And believe me, if that's the LS1 you'd shit yourself if you looked under all those covers(knock sensors, plastic intake, injectors, sensors up the whazoo). Once again GM hides their f*ckups in a stylish package - ala the L36 with it's crummy PLASTIC intake.

~Oh, and has anyone here ever put headers on a 98-up F-body.... Yeah that was fun! 6-8 hours of it :evil:

This may be new for South Africa, but the car is actually rather old.

It's been sold in the Middle East with the LS1 for quite sometime. These cars are Holden platform, and every few months someone mentions them here as if they're a new discovery. :lol:

And YES, these cars ARE in the US.

Cadillac Catera was the first car brought here built on that platform, although Catera came with an anemic 3.0L V6 and not an LS1.

Cadillac CTS is an updated version of the Holden platform called "Sigma". I've heard rumors (or is it fact?) that the CTS will be available with an LS1. Too bad that car is so fugly!

The 04 Pontiac GTO will basically be a rebadged Holden and will look almost exactly like the 2dr version of the Lumina SS.