Steering Wheel Radio Controls and Climate Controls

djrobnyc

The steering wheel controls on my 1995 are pretty worn (both the climate controls and radio) and don't work all the time. I seem to have found a part number for the radio controls (16205753) but can't seem to find a part number for the climate control ones. I believe someone on this board once mentioned these buttons/switches are interchangeable with any W-body from this year that had these controls. But can someone help with a parts number - my interior is tan - or any leads where I can get the buttons? Thank you.

They do not interchange with other w bodies. The buttons from the other w bodies are different shapes.

But some other Oldsmobile buttons are the same color/shape, and will probably interchange. I'm not sure of that though.

Aurora and Eighty Eight buttons look the same. Silhouette look close, but the left side are actually tape player controls not heat controls. I'm not sure about Ninety Eight.

Search on ebay for "aurora airbag" and take a look. There are some that would work, but getting them for a reasonable price is another story. Some of the people are reasonable with the airbags. But one guy has his priced at $600. :eek:

Thanks for the info... Does anyone know if the climate controls are a separate part number, or do they come built in with the airbag module? I see a separate part number for the radio controls, but can't seem to find a GM part number for the climate controls ones on the left.

The controls are mounted to the airbag, but are seprate units. You have to remove the airbag to remove them. Don't know where you got the part number, but I have a tan pair I got from a '95 CS in the j/y, and altho the number and bar code are a bit smeared, which might have happened when I washed them. I wash everthing I get from the j/y when I get home. :werd: The p/n on mine is 16191653 or 8. Only one has the p/n so it would appear to me that the one p/n covers both controls since they are wired into one plug. Just for what it's worth, the tan used in the '95 Cutlass vert, coupe, and sedan is a one year only shade of tan. '96, '97, and Aurora are a different shade of tan.

• 2 weeks later...