Plans For The Prix - PIC WORKS NOW - I HOPE

92turboLE

Guest TurboSedan

nice! personally i'd go with 17"s tho....maybe 18"s at the most for reasons Erik already mentioned. will the coupe B4U body mouldings and front/rear bumper be a big problem to mount up on a sedan? but yeah - looks really nice.....

hey i know! you could drive up to Laramie and get your HUD, drop off my STB's....then drive to Gillette and pick up that white TSTE hood! j/k....that would be like a 5 hour drive one way :lol:

joshua

im not gonna do the TSTE hood anymore... im getting a regular hood and making a custom ram air (functional too until i get my turbo motor put in)

the front and rear clips will bolt up just fine from what i can tell. I have looked at many coupes in the j/y and it looks like it would work OK. The side skirts i have to do custom but those shoulnt be too bad.

Yeah, ilike the 17s too, but the 19s just fill the well a little better. i dunno though. I have the 17's on it already so i guess once i getmy body work, i will find out.

- Justin

those rims you put on there are Enkei CDR 9's. i had 2 sets of them one in 16's and one in 17's and both of them kept peeling and i am a anal ass about my car, so it wasn't my fault. I'd stay away from them if you could. I loved the styling and cost but they were junk.

those rims you put on there are Enkei CDR 9's. i had 2 sets of them one in 16's and one in 17's and both of them kept peeling and i am a anal ass about my car, so it wasn't my fault. I'd stay away from them if you could. I loved the styling and cost but they were junk.

thats what i have now... your 100% right, they look sick, but they do peel. Im stripping them down and either having them powder coated white or have them polished... undecided on that as of now...

*EDIT* I already have the CDR9s... if i knew then what i knew now, i would have gotten something different.

- Justin

my-car1.jpg

here it is with the 17 on it...

the cladding, well it was just a quick thing and i didnt bother tweaking with the color... plus iwas working in 300dpi and the images of the GTPs with cladding were all 72 so when i raised resolution on them it distorted them and i dont know why the cladding is pink, but it is supposed to be white.

anyway, what do you think with the 17s... i like it too, but something is missing.. it just doesnt look filled properly.

- Justin

Guest TurboSedan
Lemme me guess... been photoshopping it eh.... :?:

How did the B4U cladding become uh...PINK?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

haha, that reminds me....i just seen a pink Mary Kay edition Grand Prix in the junkyard last week :lol:

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
I like the 17s.........

Robby

yeah i like the 17's too. besides, tires will be alot cheaper i would assume. maybe you could lower it a bit more? how are you going about lowering the car anyway?

joshua

Joshua,

im doing the MC lowering springs from JC whitney (unless anyone on here says otherwise - havent heard anything good or bad) and then the FFP coilovers for the rear.

- Justin

Justin,

I think the 17's would look better. The lowering springs... I would do just the front first... and see how you like it... I heard that when you lower the front 1 1/2" the back will come down about 1/2" .. I have the lowering springs, I just need to get them on.

Guest TurboSedan

i have Eibach 1.5" drop springs on my car, and i don't think they lowered it enough. probably because they were made for a DOHC/auto car and i have a 3.1 with the 5-speed which is a whole lot lighter than a DOHC/automatic. i plan on cutting 1/2 coil off each spring with an air cutoff wheel when i get my '97 Cutlass strut/knuckles in there and do the '95+ brake upgrade. i'll also be going from my current 225/60-16's and get some 225/55's instead. and i definatley want to get rid of my TDC rear coilovers and go with FFP coilovers instead.

joshua

Josh,

if you cut a coil off the spring, the handling and ride will go to SHIT!!! Trust me. You do not want to do this.

I think the TDC coilovers and the FFP's are the same product... The rear unibody of our cars was not engineered to hold the entire rear weight of the car. And if you do not reinforce the rear top strut housing area, it will buckle.

Guest TurboSedan
Josh,

if you cut a coil off the spring, the handling and ride will go to SHIT!!! Trust me. You do not want to do this.

I think the TDC coilovers and the FFP's are the same product... The rear unibody of our cars was not engineered to hold the entire rear weight of the car. And if you do not reinforce the rear top strut housing area, it will buckle.

well, i think you are wrong, but no offense intended of course. a cutoff wheel will only heat up a very small area of the spring, so the heat will not affect the spring. as long as you don't cut ALOT off. actually, i read that in the tech Q&A section in Car Craft awhile back. they say cutting springs (and the associated bad handling is a myth). of course, Car Craft isn't the automotive bible like they would like to thing they are....they (i) could be completely wrong. besides, i'm only cutting 1/2 coil off each spring. so i'm going to take my chances.

but anyway, i have extra set of 49,xxx mile '97 'FUX' springs from a Cutlass if anything goes wrong....i might even cut them first to see what happens. the Suspension Technique springs are only $80 anyway so i really don't care too much if i mess things up anyway. i NEED the front lower. that's all there is too it :wink: ....and i can't afford front adjustable coilovers......

Guest TurboSedan
yeah, once i get the coilovers im going to reinforce the strut tower and weld plate steel to them...

- Justin

good idea, but i myself have never had any problems with my coilovers doing any damage to the frame or strut towers. i believe this is a myth also. i mean, i've put over 50,000 miles on the coilovers and i've hit hard speed bumps, big dips on the interstate, carried HEAVY loads, etc. i deliver pizza like crazy around town and lots of interstate trips. i regularly check for any kind of damage the coilovers may be causing and everything has always looked perfect.

joshua

Looks pretty good. Your photoshopping is a little rough, but i can't say much for mine :lol: . Definately 17's or 18's. The 19's looked too big, and looked like they'd rub. They should have made a 4 door with b4u cladding.

Hmm are you planning on changing the front look? with the whole strip of headlight. if so would you mind telling me how? cause i got a car that looks exactly the same 95 gp gt and the front is the only negative part about that car.