dual bodies is it possible?? heard attempts but no paydays

4-4-2

I need a no-bullshit assesment. Ok first off ive been on this site (and the old one) since the begining of 2001. Ive heard the possiblites of dual thottle bodies( I believe green evolution-I may be seriously wrong!) Is it possible? In order to do this would I have to have two TPS signals or just one? I know no 2.8/3.1 can hold any boost except 3.1 turbo and thats only about 15 psi right?

So twin turbo wont cut it right ?

Guest TurboSedan

where would you mount the other TB? i know the Chyrsler dual throttle body DOHC 3.5 motor has a shaft that directly controls both of them the same....at least that's what it looked like to me when i was studying one in a junkyard once.....so you'd probably only need 1 TPS sensor? sounds interesting, you could have two small turbos running off each exhaust manifold, feed the charged air into two seperate front mount intercoolers, and run the charged air up to the two TB's. btw, the 2.8/3.1 n/a engines will hold boost just fine IMO, but probably not much past 10psi. go for lower compression pistons and alcohol injection!, use two seperate grainger valves for boost control, add a zener (sp?) diode to fool the MAP sensor and crank the boost up to 18psi :) i'd like to hear more about your plans....big problem would be where to mount the other TB tho.....

joshua

The Pre-1998 (I think that was the cut off) Vipers used a rod that connected the two throttle bodies. There was a set screw that was set at the factory (If you want to call 11 guys making a car a factory :lol: ) NO MATTER WHO YOU WERE YOU COULD NOT TOUCH THAT DAMN SCREW. Not even a seasoned Viper teck was aloud to mess w/ the screws. Only one TPS is needed due to the fact that the computer can NOT accomodate two different throttle angles (unless it was progressive you wouldn't even need it (like secondaries on a carb)) After 98 the vipers used two different TB's that were independant, but I will have to talk to my Viper tech to find out how they dealt w/ the possiblitly of throttle differences. Twin turbo would be fine but they would have to be small (T-25 or 28's) to both fit, and you would not need anything big (Being as a 25 will feed it enough anyway (remember it's band is low, a big turbo will still be spooling when it's time to shift (to a degree, I don't want to get in an argument, I know you should build the turbo to the car yada yada) HTH, I know another person that SERIOUSLY wants to do this and is local to me, so if he comes up w/ some money I will be helping him out.

Guest TurboSedan
Just get an upper and lower intake manifold off of a 3.4 Camaro and machine it to accept an LS1 twin butterfly TB.

is that what Curtis Walker did with his Z24 turbo?

joshua

Just get an upper and lower intake manifold off of a 3.4 Camaro and machine it to accept an LS1 twin butterfly TB.

is that what Curtis Walker did with his Z24 turbo?

joshua

Yeah, thats what the pics and description on his site says

Robby