Will these fit?

supersniperkilla

I can get a great deal on some 2002 chrysler 300m special 18'' rims for $100 with tires...in decent condition too!! :high5:

I have researched that our cars can sometimes fit 5X114.3 which is what the chrysler wheels are

i am unable to determine the offset of these wheels though.

my dads mechanic can always redrill holes for me so they can always be made to fit.

but i figure at $100 with tires in good condition i can always resell for more if they dont work out.

They will bolt up. They may even bolt up without spacers...but thats not for sure. The winter tires for the Intrigue are on a set of 16 inch wheels from a newer style intrepid and they fit just fine, and also appear to have more clearance between the brake hardware than the factory GM wheels do. I'm not sure if that would be enough clearance, or if those wheels may even have a different offset but I would pick them up anyways. Worst case if flipping them for what you paid for them.

Thanks for the suggestions and info guys

I will be picking them up tonight! :peace:

Sorry, didn't see this till now. Matt is 100% right, those are 300C rims that are on the 1989 GP, you're talking 300M rims - completely different story!@!. What's the difference??

Big difference. 300M = FWD 300C = RWD

Traditionally, RWD cars have low offsets, and for some dumbass reasons W-body, first Gens do as well. FWD cars, high offset.

I would say that you've got a 20% chance of these fitting after sticking anything but an excessive amount of spacer plates on. Not good odds, but at that price, I'd take 'em, someone would rock those on a Gen2 GP, they're most likely to fit on one of those.

There's a lot of people making a lot of horrible assumptions in this thread. Glad that you guys aren't in Aerospace, there'd be a lot of dead people otherwise.

well i just got done trying them on...they fit amazing! other than the fact that they hit the caliper :bang:...but that i am not too concerned about because i will just be able to buy some spacers as mentioned. holes line up perfect and center bore lines up perfect as well...hell even my olds center caps fit!!! :peace:

They will look beautiful once i get them powdercoated! cant beat $100 for all four when each rim new at the dealer cost almost $400 or more!

did i mention they look amazing!?!?

ill get pics tomorrow sometime...i just got done diagnosing why my girlfriends caddy ETC was overheating...belt that drives water pump shredded and snapped! :frogsiren:

thats gonna be a bitch with that northstar shoved in there like that!

anyways! like i said i will get at least one side with my new rims and post some pics tomorrow

ill get pics tomorrow sometime...i just got done diagnosing why my girlfriends caddy ETC was overheating...belt that drives water pump shredded and snapped! :frogsiren:

thats gonna be a bitch with that northstar shoved in there like that!

anyways! like i said i will get at least one side with my new rims and post some pics tomorrow

water pump belt looks not too bad on the N*.

cheap enough too $6-$9 on rockauto

Water pump and belt replacement on a N* is easy! I can do one in 45 minutes or so.

Don't just replace the belt! While you're in there do the water pump and thermostat also, it's cheap insurance as the N* motors hate overheating, even though they run hot all day long.

Just an FYI you need a special tool to remove the N* water pump. It's readily available and costs about $45 bucks.

now here is a challenge for all of you! see if you can beat me!

I found tires for these rims 245/45/18 for $112 a tire on tire rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-2&partnum=445WR8F1GS2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chrysler&autoYear=2002&autoModel=300M%20Special%20Edition&autoModClar=&autoMake=Chrysler&autoYear=2002&autoModel=300M%20Special%20Edition&autoModClar=

and i also get an $80 mail in rebate :cheers:

so thats around $500 shipped. let me know if any of you can do better with that size because i would sure like to know!

well i just got done trying them on...they fit amazing! other than the fact that they hit the caliper :bang:...but that i am not too concerned about because i will just be able to buy some spacers as mentioned.

It's rare that you have someone as good-looking and always right at the same time. Total Package.

You may want to look at how much spacer you need in there to make it work, why I mention it, is that you may have to toss in too many spacers which will prevent you from properly fastening your wheel to the hub with the lugs. Then you get into the whole putting longer studs on the hubs, or potentially an offset spacer, which gets fairly expensive. Matt found a place that will do the set for $250 or something, it's not cheap. I'm just suggesting that you do this before the powdercoat, otherwise these rims could turn into very expensive rims. They should bolt right on to a 2nd Gen, which means you can spin 'em for a profit, or at least break even . . . . .maybe even Break . . . DOWN!!!

now here is a challenge for all of you! see if you can beat me!

I found tires for these rims 245/45/18 for $112 a tire on tire rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-2&partnum=445WR8F1GS2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Chrysler&autoYear=2002&autoModel=300M%20Special%20Edition&autoModClar=&autoMake=Chrysler&autoYear=2002&autoModel=300M%20Special%20Edition&autoModClar=

and i also get an $80 mail in rebate :cheers:

so thats around $500 shipped. let me know if any of you can do better with that size because i would sure like to know!

I can do better. All it takes is a call to discount tire and a mention of their price match guarantee. Online, retail, doesn't matter. They will beat any price you can find online.

well i just got done trying them on...they fit amazing! other than the fact that they hit the caliper :bang:...but that i am not too concerned about because i will just be able to buy some spacers as mentioned.

It's rare that you have someone as good-looking and always right at the same time. Total Package.

You may want to look at how much spacer you need in there to make it work, why I mention it, is that you may have to toss in too many spacers which will prevent you from properly fastening your wheel to the hub with the lugs. Then you get into the whole putting longer studs on the hubs, or potentially an offset spacer, which gets fairly expensive. Matt found a place that will do the set for $250 or something, it's not cheap. I'm just suggesting that you do this before the powdercoat, otherwise these rims could turn into very expensive rims. They should bolt right on to a 2nd Gen, which means you can spin 'em for a profit, or at least break even . . . . .maybe even Break . . . DOWN!!!

I will be keeping them...and i shouldnt need more than 1/4 inch spacers...thats not big at all.

everything fits amazing its just that it hits the caliper a little.

i am not too worried.

well im off to put one side of them on to take a pic or 2 since it was requested...

how much to they contact on the front? I took a grinder and shaved the brake caliper bracket by about 1/16th of an inch and a set of non W rims I got worked and fit. minor clearancing > spacers 8 days a week.

yeah i will have to check...i might just bust out my angle grinder tonight depending on how bad it is...because not only would that be safer but it would save me money too :sahurr:

yeah i will have to check...i might just bust out my angle grinder tonight depending on how bad it is...because not only would that be safer but it would save me money too :sahurr:

Paint them over when you're done. Wouldn't want a patch of rust shining brightly under some nice rims.