• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lizzie

• CSI_MuNkY

• RobertISaar

• MonteCarloChick

I'm no expert, but I always thought the idea with a two-tone paint job was to put the lighter colour on top - the darker attracts the eye, making the whole car look longer, lower and sleeker ........ but if that's not the objective, there's no reason it shouldn't be done the other way round (though you run the risk that the car might look taller and "chunkier").

Either way, good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing the end results - I have long-term plans for my Z34, that certainly don't include it remaining black, so I'm always interested in non-standard paint jobs :biggrin:

You have a rusty GP that will continue to rust further after paint..

The common sense thing to do is take the money and get a non-rotted one and go from there.

x2...but if you have your heart set on wasting money on a sbx don't forget to use this

3115860663_48ee22fd64.jpg

The common sense thing to do is take the money and get a non-rotted one and go from there.

x2...but if you have your heart set on wasting money on a sbx don't forget to use this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3115860663_48ee22fd64.jpg

You know...... the Mythbusters proved you CAN polish a turd!

Jamie

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3115860663_48ee22fd64.jpg

You know...... the Mythbusters proved you CAN polish a turd!

Jamie

I'm not sure if this car belongs to a member here...but i found this photo online and editted a bit. If you have a photo of your own...i can probably work with that instead of using someone elses picture.

pic-179671.jpg

I'm not sure if this car belongs to a member here...but i found this photo online and editted a bit. If you have a photo of your own...i can probably work with that instead of using someone elses picture.

pic-179671.jpg

lovin the look of that GP! the only pic i have that's really any good is the one i have in my sig.... if you need me to post it or something, i probably can....

Here's my opinion, since you asked for everyone's.

Save the money and buy something else, unless it will cost you under $100 to do it. It really isn't worth re-painting that car unless you have or plan to modify the living hell out of it like Adam, Mark, GTP_Munky , and I and others have. Unless of course it has a great deal of sentimental value, at which point you basically do what you can afford.

There's a lot you can do with the price of what it would cost you to repaint that car decently. I'm not promoting anything here, but I bought a project car for $600, just as an example.

Save the money and buy something else, unless it will cost you under $100 to do it. It really isn't worth re-painting that car unless you have or plan to modify the living hell out of it like Adam, Mark, GTP_Munky , and I and others have. Unless of course it has a great deal of sentimental value, at which point you basically do what you can afford.

well, we were just gonna use good ol' spray paint. :lol: and the car is the first car i've ever had.... it's like my baby.... i do love my car... so, until it completely dies on me and has no more life left to it, i was hoping to just keep it and perform a very cheap surgery on it (paint job) so it looks decent... especially when it passes away on me... :lol:

Even I have no intention of painting my car, maybe a little touch up, but painting my car would be a waste of time and money. Within the next year or so my GTP will be returned to stock and go back to DD duty, it will be replaced with a much cleaner 5 speed GTP, or a TGP from a southern state that never sees snow (or at least doesn't use road salt)

Jamie

well, we were just gonna use good ol' spray paint. :lol: and the car is the first car i've ever had.... it's like my baby.... i do love my car... so, until it completely dies on me and has no more life left to it, i was hoping to just keep it and perform a very cheap surgery on it (paint job) so it looks decent... especially when it passes away on me... :lol:

I believe it was digitaloutsider who painted his whole 2nd gen Regal GS with flat black walmart spray cans for around $25 (correct me if I'm wrong), and his car looks pretty badass now. Whatever you do, post some pics!