I need some opinions....

Lizzie

So, tax season is about here and I plan on painting my car with the money I get back. I know for sure I want to paint it black.

On my car, there is the blue part, and the gray part, and of course the little black strip between the 2. The blue part is the part I'm painting black. I don't want the whole car black, I want the gray part to be a different color. I'm just not sure what though. I was originally thinking going with my favorite color, deep dark purple. But, I'm not sure. I just need some thoughts and opinions. What do you think I should do with it?

Any thought is welcomed and appreciated!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lizzie

• CSI_MuNkY

• RobertISaar

• MonteCarloChick

You have a rusty GP that will continue to rust further after paint..

The common sense thing to do is take the money and get a non-rotted one and go from there. Keep the rusty one for a good DD..

Just experience talking with rusty cars :wink:

You have a rusty GP that will continue to rust further after paint..

The common sense thing to do is take the money and get a non-rotted one and go from there. Keep the rusty one for a good DD..

Just experience talking with rusty cars :wink:

And I would love to do that.... unfortunately, nothing around here is cheap enough for me... so I thought that for now, until I have the money for a nicer, non rusted car.... that I'd just paint this one and make it look a tad bit more decent.... but trust me, I've thought about it!

Forget paint, it is just a waste of money. however, you should learn to detail on this car as any mistakes do not hurt it, and it would be good practice for your next car. besides, if got it all buffed up, it might be good enough to let it be.

as for cheap... why not save so you can buy something that is good and not as cheap? really! Buy a car in Texas and bring it back.

something i'll say about it: it's a beater. that's all it ever will be, we're just trying to make it a bit different until it dies or we can get something better. i'm not even sure if i'll mud the rockers in front of the rear tires to hide the fact that there is sheetmetal missing...

expanding foam, body filler, and rattle cans are your friend.

Don't waste money on an actual professionally applied paint job on that car.

Buy a rust free $1000 car from down south and paint that.

get a sherwin williams single stage and do it outside.

you would be surprised how cheap it will be.

i could probably pick up paint at a cheaper price from my dad... better quality too, but doing it outside is going to make it not even worth the time knowing how much crap will get in the paint...

get a sherwin williams single stage and do it outside.

you would be surprised how cheap it will be.

i could probably pick up paint at a cheaper price from my dad... better quality too, but doing it outside is going to make it not even worth the time knowing how much crap will get in the paint...

Thats why you get a couple friends to loan you their pop-up tents, and some tarps. Duct tape them all together, with a box fan on either end, (one blowing out and one sucking in with an A/C filter! and VOILA!!

INSTANT PAINT BOOTH!

^ that may happen...

have a tent, might need to borrow a tarp or two though, since most of the ones i have access to are very hole-ridden...

also have a few new filters to the natural gas furnace here as well...