my double din swap! done!

kuntzie

i have been running this deck for a while now just resting in the slot, i decided to cut and fibreglass today, took a few hours..i took pics with my iphone when working on it but its not syncing with my comp for some reason.

heres some pics of how it currently looking

CIMG1476.jpg

CIMG1477.jpg

CIMG1478.jpg

When modifications look factory, you're doing something right.

i really wanted to get an 04+ navi unit from a pontiac, but i would have had to change a bunch of wiring,.... you can tell its not factory since the corners are squared off, where as if i had the oem navi unit i could have done rounded.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't need to be fiberglass, ABS paste works well if your dash plastics are made of ABS. It's cheaper too, if you have scrap ABS plastics laying around. I did mine entirely out of ABS.

Doesn't need to be fiberglass, ABS paste works well if your dash plastics are made of ABS. It's cheaper too, if you have scrap ABS plastics laying around. I did mine entirely out of ABS.

ive never even heard of ABS paste haha, who makes it?

ive never even heard of ABS paste haha, who makes it?

You do! Take chunks of ABS plastic, soak in a solvent (acetone, MEK, etc) till it becomes a gooey paste. Voila! ABS paste! On mine, I used a soldering iron to roughly melt the pieces together, then used ABS paste for the finish work. Skim coat with Bondo (I used JB Weld because I had it) for filling in any fine pinholes or imperfections.

Ok, do it to the TGP next so I can copy you. :lol:

That would be quite the job. It could for sure be done but there would be alot more fiberglass and dash modification involved than was done here. Ive thought about doing it in my TGP, but i dont want to modify and chop apart the dash that much.