My TGP is one of a kind?

89GPSE

It maybe be 1 of 1 by RPO codes, but you would be hard pressed to distinguish it from hundreds of others side-by-side.

What about the days of thunder car?

I know mine is one off as it is prolly the only one with an aftermarket sunroof!

Days of Thunder cars were just production cars as far as I know. There were several used. A member here supposedly used to own one of the cars used in the movie. I believe the real pace cars(2 of them) were production vehicles with a few mods.

By the way, I have others documented w/ aftermarket sunroofs + pictures of some that I haven't documented with different than factory sunroofs as well. White93z34 has a TGP with an aftermarket pop-up style sunroof.

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing i noticed....

RPO:

"UB0"

Description:

CLUSTER,INSTRUMENT(OIL,TEMPERATURE,VOLTMETER,TACHOMETER,TRIP ODOMETER,TURBO BOOST) GA(UB0)

CLUSTER,INSTRUMENT(OIL,TEMPERATURE,VOLTMETER,TACHOMETER,TRIP ODOMETER,TURBO BOOST)(USED WITH SE Z7M) GA(UB0)

Matches:

Looks like 2,749 total built in 1990 if im reading that correctly...

Looks like 2,749 total built in 1990 if im reading that correctly...

Yeah, we discussed that in the thread where that VIN checking link was first posted(in the general section). So far, the site has been accurate when it comes to rpo's and such for every TGP I've checked and had prior information for, so the production figure there should be accurate as well.

• 1 month later...

i can't get any 89s to show up, so it's not necessarily you.

What he said! I don't believe any 1989 VIN's will work on the site...yet. Hopefully they'll be able to update it with older info soon, I have a lot of 1989 TGP's that I have no info on.

AFAIK, GM stuff was inventoried differently starting with the 1990 model year/barcode VIN tags. I'm not sure if they'd be able to pull up the same information for the pre-90 cars.

you'll notice that 89 and older had the old stamped style vin tags, and 90+ have the etched vintag with the barcode.