1989 Pontiac GP 5-spd issues.

Night Fury

... put the car in first, but dont let the clutch out.. if the car wants to take off, you has a master problem, if you can double pump it and it doesnt grind when putting it into gear or shifting, then you got a slave problem. either way, last i checked on the slave there is an allen key type screw for the bleeding. after replacing your part, fill the master, pump the clutch a couple times, check fluid level if its good, get under the car, find the slave, figure out with allen key fits, get friend to pump up clutch then hold to the floor, you release screw, it bleeds. tighten screw, and do this for an hour, and then you should be good to go :lol:

... put the car in first, but dont let the clutch out.. if the car wants to take off, you has a master problem, if you can double pump it and it doesnt grind when putting it into gear or shifting, then you got a slave problem. either way, last i checked on the slave there is an allen key type screw for the bleeding. after replacing your part, fill the master, pump the clutch a couple times, check fluid level if its good, get under the car, find the slave, figure out with allen key fits, get friend to pump up clutch then hold to the floor, you release screw, it bleeds. tighten screw, and do this for an hour, and then you should be good to go :lol:

Well I was at BK in the drivethru once and the clutch was pushed in, but it was in first... and it started going. Scared the shit out of me..... the lady at the window was all lyke WTF! lol So.... I guess that's my problem!!!

Well I was at BK in the drivethru once and the clutch was pushed in, but it was in first... and it started going. Scared the shit out of me..... the lady at the window was all lyke WTF! lol So.... I guess that's my problem!!!

thats exactly what my T/A did when the master went, only i figured it out when a bus was in front of me. My suggestion is dont drive it too much like that, you will wear out the first gear syncro much like i did.