Which Wires?

tdvs

I've got a pigtail to plug into the Delco CD players I find at the j/y with the cartridge still in them. The pigtail has 7 wires. 1 green, 1 black, 1 orange, 1 silver stranded bare wire with a loose clear cover (what is that for?) and 3 the same colors as the first, but with white stripes. Which wires do I connect to a battery to power the player so the cartridge will eject when the door is opened?

what did it come from? if you can tell me that, then i can tell you exactly what each wire does.

The pigtail was cut off the factory wire loom that plugs into the GM Delco 12 disc CD player. The idea is to be able to unplug the one in the car, plug my pigtail in, and connect it to a power tool battery to power up the CD player to eject the CD cartridge. That is, of course, if there is still a cartridge in the j/y car. Most of the time they're already gone. Figured that would be easier than trying to take the CD player apart to get the cartridge out.

Thanks for the responce and any help you can provide. Tom

what all came with this model of 12 disk changer?

My '95 vert came with the 6 speaker stereo with cassette, which was the standard radio in the verts I believe. The original window sticker had 12 disc CD changer written in pencil on it, so I assume it was dealer installed. The ones I come across in the j/ys are almost always in Cadillacs and appear to be factory. Found an Aurora with one and it had the same radio as mine. It was also factory since the wire loom ran into the main loom from the rear. Mine is a seperate loom that piggybacks into the main radio plug.

i'm not sure if this will be enough for you, but it's something. if you need something else, let me know. according to alldata, they had issues and were replaced with a pioneer unit starting in ~1998...

Not having problems with my unit. Just need to know which color wires power the changer so I can get the CD cartridge to eject from the changers that I come across in the j/y.

according to the TSB, when the vehicles hit a bump, it would make them eject, so just apply power to the correct pins as shown in the PDF i posted and shake the hell out of it :lol: