3rd Gen Seats In a 1st Gen?

Addicted To Boost

My only qualm is this; how do the fronts of first gen seats mount? in third gens there are metal guide things that slide into slits in the body, and the back of the front seats bolt down from there

third gen seats do bolt into a second gen but not into a first... Custom brackets will have to be made... Rob 94GPGTP tried doing this, he ended up giving me the seats because it was too complicated getting them to fit

third gen seats do bolt into a second gen but not into a first... Custom brackets will have to be made... Rob 94GPGTP tried doing this, he ended up giving me the seats because it was too complicated getting them to fit

well, I know people have put 2G seats in a 1G (not really sure why) but I have seen it done so this shouldn't be too complicated....I really want new seats, hopefully from something complete outside of a w-body but I probably won't take on that task until next summer

2nd and 3rd gen seat tracks are wider than 1st gen seat tracks.

I tried this like 5 yrs ago with 97+ GS seats in my lumina.

I ground the rivets off that hold the rear "hooks" onto the 2nd gen seat tracks, and made offset flatbar brackets to match up with the 1st gen bolt pattern.

It did bolt in, BUT the seats really sit too high.

I'm 5' 8" and I found it uncomfortable.

Ended up doing GP AQ9s instead.