What's this etched on my window?

supreme_style21

NICB Traceable

TAD 2548617

1-800-346-6469

I just noticed that etched on the bottom corner of the rear window on my car. It's hard to see unless you're in the right light. I called the number and it's "IAS" something-or-other.. some pre-recorded message. I'm assuming its some aftermarket theft thing.. anyone know anything specific about it?

We do that at our dealership. It's an invisible acid etch. That code is unique to your car and if the number was registered you would be able to trace parts of your car if it was ever stolen or parted out.

I removed all those stupid stickers off my TSX when I bought it and wet sanded the etch off before it ruined the paint. I think all those stickers are fuckin retarded. Some of our used cars have been etched but 4 different places with different companies.

I think it's the only one on my car .. I've had the car for almost a year now and I didn't notice it until the other night when I stopped for gas and the etching happened to catch my eye when I went to open the gas cap. When I went out to get the info this afternoon to post on here, I couldn't see it. I almost thought I had dreamed it and started to feel retarded haha. But I caught it in the right light in garage.

I think it's the only one on my car .. I've had the car for almost a year now and I didn't notice it until the other night when I stopped for gas and the etching happened to catch my eye when I went to open the gas cap. When I went out to get the info this afternoon to post on here, I couldn't see it. I almost thought I had dreamed it and started to feel retarded haha. But I caught it in the right light in garage.

They show up under a black light, espeically the etched ones in the paint. Door jams and stuff is where they will be.