Tie rods, is expensive actually better?

Mach Jace

Or elcheapo Valuecraft and keep them greased with decent grease.

I thought you were ASE certified' date=' that's the stupidest thing I have heard today! And I talked to my brother...

Moog is the only way to go

Jamie

[/quote']

I agree with you. The logic that you can buy Valuecraft and just keep them greased blows my mind. Wouldn't you then by the same logic be able to keep a Moog tie rod greased and keep it even longer given the higher quality?

You know what else cheap brands have aside from lower quality? Higher rate of failure. I'd prefer not to have something fail when I desperately need it not to. You can tell me all you want that your parts have never failed, but that doesn't mean that the likelihood of them failing over a Moog or comparable brand isn't higher. It only has to happen once. Suspension and steering components are not parts I cheap out on.

Ive found and/or replaced more Moog parts than anything on customers cars :dunno:

But since majority of you have no real working knowledge of the parts and have seen the repeated failures, im just wasting my breathe.

Go ahead and spend $40+ each for parts for your 10-21 year old W-body

Ive found and/or replaced more Moog parts than anything on customers cars :dunno:

But since majority of you have no real working knowledge of the parts and have seen the repeated failures' date=' im just wasting my breathe.

Go ahead and spend $40+ each for parts for your 10-21 year old W-body

[/quote']

Most suspension parts need greasing, especially in Ohio. I highly doubt people take their cars in for scheduled maintenance to get those parts greased at the proper time intervals, hence the repeated failures. Given we're having this discussion, I think its safe to say we aren't part of that crowd.

im just wasting my breathe.

I agree, I have no idea why we do not bow down to your infinite wisdom.

IF ANYTHING, buy the more expensive parts that are made in the USA / Canada.

If you don't support your own economy, who will?

I agree' date=' I have no idea why we do not bow down to your infinite wisdom.

[/quote']

QFT

I agree' date=' I have no idea why we do not bow down to your infinite wisdom.

[/quote']

Because even Moog parts arent always made in USA/Canada

And I love to support my economy when I can. However, if I want a tie rod and balljoint that is American/Canadian made that I know will last, I will buy factory GM

that are made in Mexico or wherever they can get low bid.

Not all, but at least Mexico is still decent :lol:

A lot of our leftover Gen 1 GM chassis parts are US and seeming they last well over 100K, im good with that. Now the newer GM stuff, well yeah. Not so much interested in a tie rod for example with a failure life of 50K

that are made in Mexico or wherever they can get low bid.

Not all' date=' but at least Mexico is still decent :lol:

A lot of our leftover Gen 1 GM chassis parts are US and seeming they last well over 100K, im good with that. Now the newer GM stuff, well yeah. Not so much interested in a tie rod for example with a failure life of 50K

[/quote']

Anything made in Mexico mean than a Chinaman didn't make it, and a Mexican had a reason not to come here! :buddy:

at least the duralast gold has a warranty, and it is a mid grade product. good enough to do the job on a car I regularly go under and inspect.

I always buy the NAPA chassis parts. (NCP) Its made either USA OR canada with a lifetime waranty. I figure I cant go wrong. It expensive though..

I agree with this, Napa's parts are always real good.