Yay!!! No More Blue Interior...

BXX

Headed over to Venoms place Thursday and we finished what he had started...

No more fricken craptastic blue interior. It was cloth. Its tons better now. All we needed to do is put in the carpet and redo the wiring a bit for the power seat (wasnt originally equipped with power seat)

Before

100_2713.jpg

100_2718.jpg

100_2717.jpg

Heres Bitch Rob taking the old carpet away :lol:

100_2714.jpg

100_2722.jpg

100_2723.jpg

100_2724.jpg

100_2726.jpg

I forget whats happening here :lol:

100_2712.jpg

100_2711.jpg

100_2727.jpg

LOL that last pic makes me look like Im looking at my old car with a forlorn look. Then I just hop in the new hoopty with the flows and Im all smiles LOL.

Oh and why dont you tell them about the 10mm socket.....................

LOL that last pic makes me look like Im looking at my old car with a forlorn look. Then I just hop in the new hoopty with the flows and Im all smiles LOL.

Oh and why dont you tell them about the 10mm socket.....................

Why yes, I haz a snazzy snap-on 10mm socket... I just mearly misplaced it :lol:

Which caused me to remove the damn rear bucket bottom again to get to it :willynilly:

1st gen dash. 2nd gen Center console someone wants a Pontiac.

Umm, nope. I used to, but the Olds exterior pwns.. Just GP dash adds HUD and DIC.. Rob added the 2nd gen console.. Only good thing about it is the wide center console lid. More comfy for the arm to rest on

:cough:doorsills:cough:

More door sills are coming :razz: Quite possibly for 2 and 4 door

Looks good! gotta love the charcoal interior!

That console looks like a pretty tight fit under the dash!

Jamie

:cough:GTP_MuNkY will be making some:cough:

More door sills are coming :razz: Quite possibly for 2 and 4 door

Looks good! gotta love the charcoal interior!

That console looks like a pretty tight fit under the dash!

Jamie

Yeah it dont fit too well in there and makes putting the radio/hvac trim panel back on a pain.

I guess this is surface rust, I can confidently say that my '95 had less on the inside, but there was a hint of bad rust (just a circle) under the passenger's feet when I did mine.

100_2718.jpg

I'm thinking that's just from where the floormat doesn't cover.

I don't remember as much foam on my floor install, looks good, can't say looks that much better in the pictures, probably shows better in person.

are you talking on the drivers side going up the side there? thats the rust on the ebrake cable and the rust dust fallen off onto the body of the car..

Correct, and that was before I started sweeping it up, came out much better.

And I must say, I am so glad that I still got the chance to finish the interior that had been taking me over two years to finish. It was just the one big project that was taking forever because I was having to piece it together little by little.

• 3 weeks later...

not to be an ass, but why didn't you power wash the new carpeting before you put it in? Looks like it was used and abused before you got your hands on it....

Makes me want to remove my carpeting and clean it out too, that interior looks amazing otherwise!

Well he doesnt have a power washer!

Not to mention he spent enough time scrubbing the carpet before we got it installed.

Seriously, its old carpet, there is only so much you can do with it.

I dunno about you, but old carpet in the snow belt is pretty beat up from the salty water getting on it throughout the winters, only so much you can do with it when someone else didnt have it professionally cleaned every year.

And for $150, I will buy new carpet this spring instead of wasting time on any used carpet.

not to be an ass, but why didn't you power wash the new carpeting before you put it in? Looks like it was used and abused before you got your hands on it....

Makes me want to remove my carpeting and clean it out too, that interior looks amazing otherwise!

That carpet was 100x worse before I finished working on it for about 3hrs scrubbing and sweeping. Not to mention this one was the best in the yard and for $13 or so I wasnt looking for perfection.

And I do have a power washer, but the damn wand is broken, not to mention its a POS Harbor Freight one. And I really didnt want to take it down to the car wash and blast it.