weird brake issue

douellette

sometimes when i push on the brake it feels like the pedal goes to where its supposed to and then slowly all of a sudden it travels down a little bit more. but then if i let up and push it again it doesnt do it. and it dosnt do this often, maybe once every couple of weeks or so. what could this be?? haha

might be an internal master cylinder leak. You aren't loosing fluid, are you?

check your brake fluid level, and then do a "stationary test":

engine running, car in park. slam the brake down as hard and as firm as you can several times in a row. the goal is to see if the system fails and see what the pedal does. it might pop, or it might even clear itself up. If it fails, at least it didn't fail in traffic, and it might clean up the cylinder bore a bit.

recheck fluid level.

also what does you fluid look like? if it is cloudly you should do a full system flush.

as far as i know im not loosing fluid. so your saying my master cylinder is probably going out?

yes. of course... it might take years to fail further. It could possibly be an ABS unit failure.

do the above and see if it clears up or fails. If it fails, at least you only have to deal with a broken part and not a wrecked car.