Rear 1/4 window removal/installation help needed

jeremy

Just like the title says. I need removal/reinstallation help with the driver side rear 1/4 window for my '95. Does anyone have a how-to for this yet? or if not, any instructions on how to do this properly?

Thanks in advance

yes. ten VERY @^$(*^$@*(!$() hard top remove rivets.

after they have been removed I replaced them with nuts and bolts.

why do you have to remove the glass?

my driver side has a piece of plexiglass in it right now ....it doesn't look bad at all for being plexiglass and it goes up and down but I picked up the proper window at the yard today....I had no intention of pulling this part so I didn't have the proper tools with me to remove it. Without any of the right tools I had to hack the shit out of the junkyard car to get it out. I obviously want to do it right on my car :)

remove rear seat

remove top rollbar trim

remove side panel

use center punch (or a old screwdriver or something) to knock out the center of each rivet (if present)

drill out all the rivets you can... however sometimes grinding the rivets out is easiest. please use eye and ear protection if needed.

the lower rear most rivets you will have to move the top to the 1/2 open position or unbolt the lift cylinder and move it out of the way.

Preping the motor before the glass goes back in is critical. I always reinstall window motors with 3/8" bolts and nylocking nuts, available at Lowes. To do so you need to drill all the holes with a 3/8 bit to enlarge and align the holes. make sure all ten bolts go through cleanly before you touch the glass, or you'll be giving cussing a new meaning. get a few extra bolts, you will loose some!

you should apply fresh grease onto the window motor gears and window track. I recommend white lithium grease. it is available at NAPA and Carquest, but not AZ or Advanced.

TIP: some window regulators have rollers that are spring loaded, and will not go into the track unless compressed, so test install it to teh glass while both are loose.

stick the glass in the car, roof has to be open to do so.

stick the motor in place, first getting the roller ball the the track, and then swinging the assembly into position. you may have to pull the glass up or down, or even move the window motor with power.

stick the bolts through from the reverse side, and stick the nuts on the inside. don't tighten until all ten are loosely attached. yes. you will need a wrench from the back side.