any 1st gens with 3500 in them?

1QUICKHATCH

just wanted to know if any one is running a 3500 in their 1st gen W? I am thinking of dropping mine in next weekend. The 3.1 just isn't filling my power needs anymore after driving my 3500 Alero! :burnout:

I wanna see if a 3900 would work. But getting a cable driven throttle body would be hard. Damn drive by wire..

WOT-Tech....

and yes it will work.... the 3900 is in my plans for the MC... and maybe the GP eventually.

hmmm....

Man I really need to get my project going now... 3900+T25 hybrid T28+G6 6 speed

First a need a better job... And to sell my house, and get to my house in Denver. I miss drivng the TGP..

hmmm....

Man I really need to get my project going now... 3900+T25 hybrid T28+G6 6 speed

First a need a better job... And to sell my house, and get to my house in Denver. I miss drivng the TGP..

t25/28 is too small.... see my sig? 3900 + 6 speed + T61... that would be a better choice. still on the smallish side, but it should give just enough time for the tires to catch before boost comes on...

Yeah, slap a T25/28 on a 3900 and very bad things will happen..

And as soon as I have a good reason enough (i.e. my L82/LA1 Hybrid blows up) I will be picking up a LX9 and dropping it in.. Pretty straightforward really..

Yeah, slap a T25/28 on a 3900 and very bad things will happen..

And as soon as I have a good reason enough (i.e. my L82/LA1 Hybrid blows up) I will be picking up a LX9 and dropping it in.. Pretty straightforward really..

LX9 is a 3500... but yes, very straightforward, just need the crank trigger.

And from my understanding the timing cover from the 3100/3400 may be needed to be swapped over..

And I know what the hell the LX9 is :wink:

sorry, i'm obsessed with 3900s.... to me LZ9>LX9... but for a VERY simple swap, the LX9 provides some damn impressive gains.

Have fun getting the LZ9 to run correct.

It needs the proper PCM which means a working CANbus data stream communicating with everything.. So unless you can put everything electronically in a Gen 1, good luck.

Have fun getting the LZ9 to run correct the way it should without the proper PCM.

no problem, theres even a turbo 3900 running in a fiero on 60V6...

Guarentee you that the VCT isnt working properly :wink:

And either way, it will never get the power with an older PCM as a newer one.. Trust me, ive seen the PCM files on the newer ones.. Theres a damn good reason they run sooo smooth and have excellent power..

well it dosen't look like it will get installed next weekend I pulled the heads to flow them a year ago now they need to be reinstalled but I don't really like to put heads back on an engine when they have not been worked over a little bit! might build a set of headers for the 3.1 and install a 60mm tb for now and see how that works.