94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

I had to put in a convertible top pump today. My old one decided to stop working. Good thing I grab them from the junkyard everytime I see one.

0530010950.jpg

I also fixed the pass through to the trunk. The piece that moves up and down was broken when I bought the car. I replaced the little plastic tabs with screws. Cut the heads of the screws off, put them in the mounting bracket and it works now. I would of thought that would have been permafucked, but I fixed it.

downsized_0530010949.jpg

Nate, I like the color of your interior, but I've read on here that a lot of people don't like that color. Just wondering if you bought the car because you liked that color or despite it?

Oh yeah, nice looking flag too! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I've tried to find another flag like that one, but I have had no luck in finding out any information about it. I know it came from an Oldsmobile dealership and John saved it after it was pulled out of storage and was almost thrown in the trash.

The interior color really doesn't bother me. I actually really like it. I would like to get black leather seats, and black vinyl inserts for the top of the doors. Giving the car a unique two tone look.

That would look really, really cool. It would also pull together the color of your top and your interior.

Thanks. I've tried to find another flag like that one, but I have had no luck in finding out any information about it. I know it came from an Oldsmobile dealership and John saved it after it was pulled out of storage and was almost thrown in the trash.

From the mid to late 70s at least by the rocket.

As soon as I can find a decent set of charcoal quad buckets at a yard I'll be all over it.

Find me charcoal AQ9s and I'll trade ya my set... :lol:

Here are some before and after pictures of 5/16 spacers I installed. I got them for free and decided to put them on.

Right wheel:

Before:

516002.jpg

After:

516008.jpg

Left wheel:

Before:

516004.jpg

After:

516010.jpg

I like it! :thumbsup:

Thanks, the difference is slight. The rear wheels on these cars are set in really far. So just bumping it out 5/16 makes it look a little better.