94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

Whatever then... I store 3 different cars and have for a few years now. I've NEVER had a single tire flat spot... Maybe you buy shitty tires or something...

Dude, it's aiight. I agree totally, our family stores numerous cars! Guess how many are OFF the ground? :)

• 2 months later...

I like the WHITE, looks classy! If our's was white I would NEVER had started ripping it apart to build this tribute car. I saw a triple white from Florida, I bet that looks awesome in the sun!

Congrats on finally getting it home.. I miss mine but I just started it up last weekend and it turned on with no problems as well. I want summer to get here faster!! lol

If anyone wants to do some steering mods. This is the best bang for the buck. Plus it's really easy to do.

b2497a26.jpg

41225481.jpg

d2934dbd.jpg

dd078aee.jpg

dfbeaef7.jpg

90f497e3.jpg

EDIT: Here are the part numbers I got off my boxes. These are from energy suspension.

Front inner: 9.5173

Front outer: 9.5159

Edited by 94 olds vert

cars starting to come out of storage.....sure hope mine doesn't have a big squirrel nest in it

good luck! haha I got mine running today, didn't check the engine bay tho, that's tomorrow, hopefully I don't end up finding any surprises..

^

Man those lights look brand new!!! Good work.

Thanks. They really help to clean up the front of the car when they are put back on.

Those are only held in with one screw?

Yes they are, but you need to remove the black plastic trim around the headlights.

Thank fully I didn't have any thing living in my car when I pulled it out. Hopefully you guys won't have any issues either.

Broke out the cutty today. I was expecting just to drive a little bit, but ended up dumping 50 miles on it. :) I also averaged 18+ MPGs. Mostly city driving.

I'll have to say. I had gotten really used to the wheel on the GP for it's steering controls. The ones on the cutty seem awkward now. lol

ef27dd9f.jpg

42bd8e9b.jpg

0816800e.jpg

f05da43c.jpg

Edited by 94 olds vert

18.2 is it? :thinking: Anyways, looks good

Thanks Matt. Yeah I'm getting about 18 mpgs driving this car car around town. This morning when I took it out and checked the DIS I'm at 18.4 mpgs. That seems dead on accurate based on how many miles and how much fuel I've used.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say I'm happy with the way this bumper is turning out.

All of the license plate dimples are now gone. I think it looks pretty clean like this.

6f8ff28d.jpg

e1e9bb8e.jpg

Looks really nice!!! I never did have them fill in the license plate holes in my bumber. Can't wait to see the freshly painted part on the car.

Painted and cleared this today.

8970f7a9.jpg

Got it outside after about 2 light coats of paint. Gave it a little bit of a wet sand.

c6bd70e2.jpg

Back in the garage and dried off getting ready for some more paint.

3bb10544.jpg

This is my second coat of clear, the orange peel is really starting to show.

fdb8d2f2.jpg

Now it's sitting in my garage. I'm going to keep the heat on all night in the garage and see what it looks like in the morning. Then start to wetsand it down to remove the orange peel. Then go over it with some running compound.