94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

I already got the speakers installed. Just need to find coupe door panels. Or I could modify mine. I'm sure it can't be that hard. Surprisingly my car was prewired on both sides.

IMG_4746.jpg

Here is a video with one speaker behind the door panel and one without the door panel on yet. Just by adding two speakers it is really loud. The door panel does dampen some of the sound.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/local456/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0044.mp4

Edited by 94 olds vert

Some finished pictures now that everything is all cleaned up. I'm very happy with the way this turned out.

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

I want to try and paint the speaker covers. I'm not 100% happy with them. I've tried cleaning them and they just won't come 100% clean.

Yeah, I need to get those buttons painted. I'm looking for white seats or I did have mine quoted for 800 dollars to get them in white leather. With vinyl sides and backs.

But for now I can live with this. Still plan on selling this car...

Yeah, I need to get those buttons painted. I'm looking for white seats or I did have mine quoted for 800 dollars to get them in white leather. With vinyl sides and backs.

But for now I can live with this. Still plan on selling this car...

I need to get my front seats recovered and the local upholstery guy has a vinyl alternative that feels and looks like really nice leather for about half the cost of leather. I was impressed with the samples I saw, (and there is a really good burgundy colour match as well). This is especially important since he said red leather tends to be more expensive than black, tan, white. I haven't decided what I want to do yet, but it seems like a really good option. If a product like that interests you can I ask what it is called and get back to you.

The two tone looks really nice actually. When you first did the quarter panels it was a no, but all together is a :thumbsup:. Keep up the nice work. And I would not sell the car, you may regret that in the future.

Ever thought of just having white leather inserts put in your existing seats

I have. Just not sure how that would look.

Thanks guys! Glad you guys like it.

I have two options. Sell the cutty and buy a nice newer car. Don't get me wrong the cutty is nice. It's just not "new". Or just buy a beater for the winter.

I have two options. Sell the cutty and buy a nice newer car. Don't get me wrong the cutty is nice. It's just not "new". Or just buy a beater for the winter.

Buy a winter beater!!!1

I am biased of course as I wouldn't dream of selling my convertible, but I would definitely look for a decent used car. Maybe you can find an older Regal LS in decent shape. It shouldn't command a premium as there is no S/C, plus you know the drivetrain should be pretty bulletproof with that 3.8 in there.

My vote is a V6 Cavalier as a beater. you can't kill those things. My brother had one (1989 Z24 Convertible) that he beat the ever-living shit out of, and it lasted him 3 years. And this is a guy with whom cars only last 6 months usually. This is also a guy who only does maintenance when something breaks.

Don't want a cav lol. Unless it's a 88 or 89 z24 vert. Wouldn't mind a regal, but it'd have to be a GS.

It's up at the shop right now getting fixed. Gas guage and a sligt oil leak that developed the past few days.

Not sure what that will run me. I really dont care. Just want this car to be right.

Edited by 94 olds vert

I only mentioned the LS since it would be cheaper. Since you would be probably driving it mostly in the winter, do you really need the S/C (of course we all want it)? I also wouldn't dream of getting rid of my GS. It is a '98 but hardly a beater by any means. Still runs like new, and sort of looks newish to. :) Just put new headlamp assemblies on to make the headlights shine brightly again. I laugh at those stupid ads for stuff to polish your headlights, as all of mine that could yellow, are yellow on the INSIDE.

I've had good sucess with those polish your headlight deals. I used the mothers one on my F-150 made them look new. I could see much farther with them.

Do I need a SC? No. I've had one before and they are or so much fun.

No arguments on the fun part with a S/C. Just thinking, winter beater, cheap and reliable. Would never suggest a Century as that is just the opposite of fun (with the 3100 in it), whereas the LS comes in leaning more toward the GS on the fun side. Buying with the S/C just drives the price up. Besides when the good weather comes it would be all the more reason to drive the convertible (as if the convertible isn't itself an excellent reason on its own :) ).