94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

Thanks, the difference is slight. The rear wheels on these cars are set in really far. So just bumping it out 5/16 makes it look a little better.

What brand and type of spacers did you get for your cutlass? Do you know of a place where I can find them?

I'm not sure of the brand. These used to be on a friends mustang.

I think Dorman makes 5/16 in spacer that should fit w-body cars. Try looking at auto zone.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I'm glad I finally did this. It really makes the car look nice. I too have noticed a lot of people doing this. Since I had the parts just laying around I decided to put them on. The first side took me a good 45 minutes to do. I needed to run up to the parts store. I was done with the other side in 25 minutes. Since I knew what I was doing.

The other side turned out just as good.

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_8759.jpg

IMG_9312.jpg

IMG_8300.jpg

Edited by 94 olds vert

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I really do love these tips. Ever since Jake did it. I've been wanting too. Glad I did. I heard these mufflers get louder after 500 miles or so. Already they sound good right now.

Wow the car looks and sounds amazing with the new mufflers and tips. It really changes the sound of the car. Just wait till you reach the 500 miles then:thumbsup:

Wow the car looks and sounds amazing with the new mufflers and tips. It really changes the sound of the car. Just wait till you reach the 500 miles then:thumbsup:

Thanks! I agree this does affect the exhaust note a lot.

Yeah, might take me a while to reach that point. Owned this car for 2 years still haven't put 5k on it.

3 things:

fucking wind noise

fucking power steering pump

that sounds like a setup that needs to be heard in person to truly appreciate it. sounds like the mic couldn't capture some lower frequency tones.

Tomorrow I'll have to put the top up and try again. Then not use my Iphone. Got a really good video camera that I should of used.

It does sound deeper in person than in the videos.

At least the power steering works. Not sure why it whines.

It does sound deeper in person than in the videos.

i assumed as much.

BTW, how the hell are you keeping whatever recording device you choose to stay where it is?

I think it sounds nice. Is there fluid in the ps reservoir?

Thanks!

Yup. This is about the 5th or 6th pump I've put in. All other haven't work. This is the first one that's worked. I got it out of a wrecked GTP.

You mean the driving around videos?

no, i want to know how you keep it still on the ground. :lol:

of course the driving vids! straps, velcro, voodoo?

no, i want to know how you keep it still on the ground. :lol:

of course the driving vids! straps, velcro, voodoo?

Oh yeah pretty much voodoo. Well, it's complicated. First step lift up head rest. Second step insert recording device. Third step put headrest back down. Then record when ready.

hmm..... i may need to try this sometime. not sure how well my camera would respond to it, since the mic is on the topside.

TO THE LAB!