94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

what type of paint? are you going to clear/wet sand them?

Just high gloss paint, I wet sanded them before I painted them. My dad said to to put clear on them and hit it with 2000 grit

wet sand paper.

you just used black paint?? how is any light going to get through?

Did I say I am not going to put them on the car. Cause I doubt they will go on the car.

I just wanted something to paint.

I just counted resit, I had to put them on.

I didn't like the glossy look they first had and really didn't allow any light to come through.

I sanded off the clear and now its got a flat black look to it and allows light through.

need some night shots at a bit of a distance... if they look the way i'm thinking, it could be pretty damn good.

I will get some night pics tonight.

EDIT: I ran out and just put the passenger side on on.

how much would you want to do mine

Bring them with you back to Ohio, buy the materials and give me $20, and I'll have them done over a weekend.

I'll toss them in the Sandblaster at work to remove all imperfections, then sand them to a 2000 grit finish.

need some night shots at a bit of a distance... if they look the way i'm thinking, it could be pretty damn good.

I will get some night pics tonight.

EDIT: I ran out and just put the passenger side on on.

don't think black looks good IMO. Should try white. Best though would be a clear lense with stealth/silverstar bulbs

Bring them with you back to Ohio, buy the materials and give me $20, and I'll have them done over a weekend.

I'll toss them in the Sandblaster at work to remove all imperfections, then sand them to a 2000 grit finish.

Or maybe an even trade for cams?

Or maybe an even trade for cams?

That works too.

Sorry, I didn't get any night shots last night. I will get some tonight.

EDIT: Got the night shots I wanted my camera doesn't take too good of night shots, I also made a video.

Video Link: http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/local456/?action=view&current=cutlass006.flv

cutlass005-1.jpg

cutlass004.jpg

cutlass003.jpg

cutlass002.jpg

cutlass001.jpg

I think its looks good. I did up a 3rd brake light in black. I will post a pic soon.

I want to get some saw blades and paint them black,for the winter. EDIT: OOPS :joke:

All this stuff is just for the winter, since I won't be driving the car.

Its for my entertainment. :lol:

They look nice, but I'm worried they might be a bit too dark if you ever wanted to drive the car with them.

They're just side markers..mine are black and there's no problems..

Sorry, I didn't get any night shots last night. I will get some tonight.

EDIT: Got the night shots I wanted my camera doesn't take too good of night shots, I also made a video.

Video Link: http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/local456/?action=view&current=cutlass006.flv

cutlass005-1.jpg

cutlass004.jpg

cutlass003.jpg

cutlass002.jpg

cutlass001.jpg

Why dont you just take a reciprocating saw and cut that blacked out part of the bumper right out?