Wheel Choices, Start a List?

oldscsc

I dont like the bullitt wheels on W bodies :biggrin:.... I dont think anyone else should put them on their car. Just let me bite the bullitt for everyone else. Please everyone, keep those ugly wheels of your cars. :mrgreen:

100_2101-1-1.jpg

This will probably help very few people, but acura rsx rims will also fit on a w-body, but will need the center bore bored out. Offset will be slightly inward so you'll need spacers.

Audi A4 rims are the perfect offset, but also need to be machined to fit a w-body.

This is assuming you can find a machine shop that will do it as cheap as I got it done. $25 a wheel to bore center hole, drill out lug pattern to 5x115, and press in steel inserts or the lugnits.

If anyone has wheels they want to get done, here's the guy that did the work for me.

Russell Machine Co

Paul Russell

1702 W. 180th Street

Gardena, CA 90248

(310) 532-5520

The guy does excellent and professional work for an insane price.

This is of course assuming you've found amazing looking wheels and really want them on your car like I did.

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread.

But, about Ford/Mustang wheels, you must be careful of the backspacing. You would need S197 (05+) wheels that have more backspacing. Even then, the wheels will be a further out.

The sn95 wheels (94-04) don't have enough backspacing. Even with some of the Cobra rims that have more backspacing, the wheels still stick out too far.

For my Mustang, I have 17x8, 17x9, and 15x7(snow) rims. Yes, they fit on my '00 Intrigue. But, they all stick out too much for my taste. I even have the D178 17x8 rims that have more backspacing than the typical Stang 17x8 rim.

FYI: Some pics of my Mustang:

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/misc/Mustang1986_with_Mach1_springs/

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures that showed how much further out the tire is on my Olds with the Stang rims. The 4 pictures below are the only pictures that I took of my '00 Olds with the Stang rims.

Some pics of my 2000 Intrigue with D178 17x8 rims with 245/45/17 Blizzak snow tires:

OldsWithD178RimsPic1.jpg

OldsWithD178RimsPic2.jpg

OldsWithD178RimsPic3.jpg

OldsWithD178RimsPic4.jpg

In the above photos, you can try to compare the bottom of the fender and where the tire is to the picture below with the fugly steel rims. But, of course, the angle of the front wheels makes a big difference.

OldsWithSteelRimsPic1.jpg

______

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you should look at what GOT2BGM put on his Zed34.

:lol: "Zed34!" That's hilarious. His were off a 2006 Monte SS, but I looked at a 2008 Impala SS in the local dealer showroom that appeared to have the same wheels, correct me if I'm wrong.

What choices are there for GM 5x115 18"s? How about any with a bigger diameter? There's an Earnhardt Edition 2004 Monte with 22,000 miles on it for sale in my town. I REALLY like the 17s on it. Are they available on other 2nd gen W Montes?