99 Monte Carlo Radio Install

PCGUY112887

I am trying to follow the install guide to get the radio out of a 99 Monte Carlo...

http://www.wbodydb.com/tutorials/audioinstall/MonteCarlo95-99.pdf

It tells me to locate 4 T-15 screws and to pull plastic piece off. Trouble is I can't find these screws anywhere around the drivers knee area as it says nor can I find much way to pry the plastic piece off.

What am I missing?

Been a while, but if I remember correctly:

Pull off the kick panel on the drivers side (the carpeted thing).

Take out the screws holding in the knee panel (panel under steering wheel), and the panel should pop out.

After you remove this knee panel, there may be a few screws holding the bezel in. Take those out. Then the rest should be clips.

Well I pulled the kick panel off (hard plastic). The only screws were 2 Phillips screws. After that I saw no other screws, so I started to pull really hard and the bezel started to pop off. Got it off and installed... thanks!

The install guide that came with the double DIN to 1 DIN adapter said the same, to find 4 T-15 screws. No clue where they were supposed to be at!

I have a 98 Monte so I can help.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're trying to remove the factory radio correct? If so, There are 2 screws (1 on each side of the steering wheel) that you have to remove. Once you do that, the trim piece beneath the steering wheel can be removed. Then grab the dash piece that surrounds the radio, heating/ac knobs, and the speedometer etc and give it a good pull (make sure that the steering wheel is tilted all the way down). Once you do that, you have access to the factory radio. It's very easy.

I would also add to that when you do pull the front bezel, I mean it runs from the drivers side around to the middle console. I would be careful when you try to put it back on after reinstalling the stereo. I have cracked mine by being in a hurry. It would be easy to find a repalcement at junk yard but to save you a trip, be careful.