thatcutteeboy

Sorry guys. I know this has been discussed before and I found a lot of info through the search but I could not understand the concept. I've got a 93 vert with the needle gauge which I thought was called analog. After going through the search I found that digital and analog were talking about digital gauges. I found (which I now know is) a UB3 analog cluster at Pull A Part and I need to know what I have to do to make this work in my vert with the needle gauges. It has the tach and all the other gauges. I also got the DIS. Could some one please let me know what I have to do. Thanks and I apoligize for the reopening of a old topic.

If I got the plug from the UB3 can't I just splice into the wires with the same colors from the car's harness?

yes you can. if you do so very carefully and make sure you do it by wire identity (some wires are the same color and have different functions) you will be able to.

and in fact.. I recommend this method, so that you keep the original plug available, in the event you ever want to switch back to the original cluster. aka 2 plugs hooked to the harness, with which ever you wish to use at any one time. (what happens if the digital UB3 cluster fails?)

I've got the cluster and dis hooked up but they don't dim with the wire that was said to hook up. Is there something that I am missing? Can someone please chime in on this my car is torn all apart

Figured it out. The yellow d8 in the cluster connection on the 93 which is actually Fasten seat belts indicator is where the C10 from the UB3 should be connected. Now when the lights are turned on the Ub3 goes completly off unless you adjust the dimmer switch all the way up. Then you connect the D10 Brown and white VF dimmer input from the UB3 to the C3 grey on the 93 cluster harness and you now have the varible adjustment. WOOOHOOOO YESSSSS. Thanks guys. I forgot I had my 93 service manuals.