BOV vacuum source

digitaloutsider

I'm going to get a 1G DSM BOV installed on the TGP soon, and I just had a quick question.. where you are guys tapping into the vacuum source for it? I'm guessing there's some universally accepted line that everyone uses. I can't find ANYTHING on the TGPForums as everything is 7 years old the links are dead. :mad:

You can use the vacuum coming off the back of the engine that would be for the master cylinder on non turboed 3.1s. On our cars there is a bolt back there blocking it off. I have the parts to do this but havent done it yet. Right now my BOV and boost gauge are running off of the TB, but using the vacuum on the back of the engine is a much better/cleaner way of doing it. Matt has it set up that way on his car so you could ask him for more details.

• 1 month later...

You should be able to use any of the lines off the TB and use a T connector. I have my BOV and boost gauge running off the cruise line since the cruise is no longer in the car. Im gonna redo it when i put the cruise back in.