• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• SrMichi

• AWeb80

• CSI_MuNkY

how do you take out the red bushing from the gold sleeve?

Press them out with a large wrench. They're greased and should come out easily.

very well them ill just have to wait till my next check and buy me a set of ball joints so i can begging. HOLY SHIT you can make this window bigger I did not know that. i would have to suffer when i posted something big and the fricking thing would go up every time i typed.

are you using internet explorer 8? posting is a bitch with that. you have to click on the compatibility mode button for this forum to work right in ie8.

i was now i just started using Google chrome maybe thats why i just notice the little arrow on the bottom right corner. :biggrin:

Yeah umm...google chrome doesn't really support anything. Your best bet would be Firefox and IE as far as compatibility goes. I even had issues with Opera.

• 2 weeks later...

So when is someone going to start selling these already made and painted jet black? :lol:

lol, I wish, but it would probably be much too expensive.

So when is someone going to start selling these already made and painted jet black? :lol:

lol, I wish, but it would probably be much too expensive.

How much would you charge me If I sent you a set of arms for you to do this to?

Would you be able to size the bushings up right? I imagine that the gen 1 and 1.5 are the same size bushing stock wise so you could just cut them to the same length as the rubber ones.

LMK

$55 for bushings, $30 for custom grade 10.9 nuts and bolts (need to verify this first) $60 for a shop to press 2 of them in, and $100 for my time and tools, assuming you also pay return shipping.

The only way to ever make it work would be for someone with access to whatever machine is needed to press the bushings, then pre-done control arms for sale would be possible at a reasonable price, but your never going to be able to turn a profit if you have to pay a shop $60 each run.

The only way to ever make it work would be for someone with access to whatever machine is needed to press the bushings, then pre-done control arms for sale would be possible at a reasonable price, but your never going to be able to turn a profit if you have to pay a shop $60 each run.

The only thing I would turn a profit from is the time I put into the work. I'd transfer the cost of pressing out the old and pressing in the new bushings to whoever is paying me to do the work, as they'd have to do that anyway.

NAPA charged me $30 per bushing, and you only need two have two of them pressed in, as the other two can be done manually.

If someone did have a press though, they could take off an hour or two of their time, and the cost of having a shop press it in manually. I might look into buying one, since I'll have a lot of bushings to do for a lot of cars.

Well i order new ball joints if they get her by Friday. i think i will be installing this during the weekend. Dang it i need buy they thingy to melt it out. :evil:

Well i order new ball joints if they get her by Friday. i think i will be installing this during the weekend. Dang it i need buy they thingy to melt it out. :evil:

MAPP Gas or MAPP gas equivalent, at home depot. Just get a canister, a nozzle, and a lighter.

could i burn both bushing out and use a jack and a hard place to put the new one in? or is it a must that i take it to get it done by someone else?

Which bushings are you referring to? I'm confused.

you're not supposed to burn both front and rear out. I suggest you carefully re-read my writeup and even my project thread on this before continuing. even for the ones you can press in manually, I provided a very simple and effective method to do it.

i''ve use a rental press that Autozone has for stuff like this. the press is intended for balljoints, but an be misappropriated quite easily.

You mean the ball joint press OEM27023?

you're not supposed to burn both front and rear out. I suggest you carefully re-read my writeup and even my project thread on this before continuing. even for the ones you can press in manually, I provided a very simple and effective method to do it.

i just wanted to see if it was necessary to go to a shop to press it out and press the new one in. Because if that's the case I'm going to need to find a place and get a ride.

for the two that you're replacing both the bushing and the sleeve, you need to either have a press or take it to someone who does. doing this yourself is risky and you can bend the control arms very easily.