tgp in a movie

Garrett Powered

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Devil_s_Own/1152837?trkid=921403

1152837.jpg

there is several cool cars in this movie.

an 85 cosworth sierra

then a little later, a gray 87 ss mc, then a few frames later....

....a TGP!!!- looks like a black and tan. totally takes the scene too. actors running by in a cop chase including Harrison Ford as it brakes and then accelerates. you can almost hear the motor and the spool.

I have never heard of anybody mentioning this so I had to see if anyone has this movie.

I know I am going to try and get a hard copy of this on dvd since its a good movie anyway.

I knew IT!!! Jeff M already saw it, if you skim down the list. right after he mentions Days of Thunder.

That guy literally knows EVERYTHING about tgp's. he just didn't know what the movie was called.

Maybe mfewtrail can edit Jeff's post and add in the title of the movie along with a *found by Garrett Powered.

you got a timestamp in the movie where it appears? I wana check that out.

Oh, you will see it. can't miss it. I would have to look back.

can anyone take still frames and post them? how would you do that? I guess I could take a picture of my tv with it paused. :confused:

Maybe mfewtrail can edit Jeff's post and add in the title of the movie along with a *found by Garrett Powered.

I edited it w/ the name and credited you. If nobody beats me to it, I'll try to find a rip of the movie and cut the TGP scene from it.

I did a quick search, but no body was seeding.

I found a copy last night(not a torrent) and grabbed it. I haven't scanned through it yet to look for the TGP. I might watch the movie this evening as it sounds decent.

Here are some crappy screen captures. My vid splitting program didn't want to work with the movie, so I couldn't get a video of the short TGP scene.

PMIII working hard! :lol:

22.jpg

33.jpg

is it the shitty quality, or is the car de-badged?

I don't know for sure, looks like it's de-badged. that is the tgp specific front bumper though, looks like.

I got blu-ray rentals from netflix but I just watched it live streaming. I doubt it would be any clearer though because it was 1997 and filmed before hi-def. It is available in that format though.

The badge is there. I saw it when moving frame-by-frame through the scene when trying to split the video. The screen capture has the TGP blurred since it's moving through the scene. Look at the car in the background of the 2nd pic that's sitting still, it's 10x clearer.

The movie is from 1997 Matt.

That nose dive is almost equivalent to the motorweek test TGP that did a 112ft 60-0 stop(it lifted the passenger side rear tire off the ground during that brake test!). :lol:

The movie is from 1997 Matt.

That nose dive is almost equivalent to the motorweek test TGP that did a 112ft 60-0 stop(it lifted the passenger side rear tire off the ground during that brake test!). :lol:

i have this video on my laptop, i was AMAZED that in 1990 anything could stop that well. i think it beat out the vette for that year, any objections to that statement

i have this video on my laptop, i was AMAZED that in 1990 anything could stop that well. i think it beat out the vette for that year, any objections to that statement

In that particular test, it probably did beat the older vettes. 112ft is still impressive by today's standards...the new Vettes don't stop a whole lot quicker than that.