Boost all over the place!!!

dkorinko

I go out to the track almost everday friday, but each time the boost is different. Sometimes when I go down the track i will hit 16 PSI and it will hold there, and then there are other times when i hit 14PSI for about 1 second and then it goes down to around 10 and will not go past that for the remainder of the run??? Does anyone have any idea what would cause my boost to be so different???

Too much is anything more than what the chip has been tested safely for and the turbo, intercooler, engine (compression ratio, etc), ambient extremes, octane etc. And that would be 10 to 12 psi, max being dependant on air density and a few other variables that can occur! To save every chip owner (who bought from me) from destruction, boost levels past 12 psi have the timing yanked down, far enough to also quash any power gains at those higher levels.

So, loosen that rod up boy :P , GLAD to hear the rest of your troubles have been fixed, AND for the reply to that affect.

Jeff M

Man oh man, 10-12 PSI??? I have not been that low for awhile, now dont get me wrong, i dont run around town boosting the shit out of the car. It is over 100 degrees here everyday and the car would just hate it. So anyways, when i do go to the track and every once and awhile when some moron trys to mess with me...I'll take it to the floor and the AUTOMETER Boost gauge reads 15 PSI, sometimes 16 PSI. The stock one goes crazy lol, it flys off the graph! So 15-16 PSI sounds like to much to you guys uh??? So i should take it down a few notches??? :lol:

Probably a good idea!!!