started on exhaust and WB02 install (vid pg.3)

Garrett Powered

that is exactly what I said. I bought them locally.

they are perfect for stereo harnesses and wide bands and stuff that you switch from car to car because its all twist on and reusable.

I absolutely love them. and I have been saving that wire tap for this moment for awhile.

Thanks for the idea. I am going to try and make another set of tips with a 3" aluminum pipe stuffed in and welded on for my 3"mb ss catback I got from the group buy. I was really happy with how the first set turned out. not quite finished with it though.

uhhh- time to start looking for a better camera. :lol:

I just wish I could enjoy the sound of the exhaust. unfortunately the project is going very slow lately. I need to get back over there soon and finish up the 3" dp and swap over the bung for the O2. which means cutting it out of the finished one and welding a patch over the hole. I need that bung on the 3"dp. the aftermarket flange it has mates up with the gt2871r and there is no O2 sensor hole on that turbo. not sure what I was thinking when I screwed that one up.

Looks like fun!

You sure as hell weld better than I. :)

I'm not sure about the LC1,but I hooked up my LM1 to my fiero a couple weeks ago since my 02 sensor blew out.

I'm lazy though,my LM1 takes power from the cigarette lighter.

I just cut the connector off the old 02 sensor,plugged it into the 02 connector and wired the other end to my 0-1v analog out on my LM-1,grounded the analog to my PCM mount ground (inches from the connector on the other side of the firewall).

My LM1 analog out doesn't require power,it just has a ground and two analog out signal returns.

Works great,and I can easily unplug my analog out from the LM1 and see what my fueling is doing when it defaults due to 02 sensor being disconnected.

Disconnected it runs a bit richer and stays around 13.5-14,but runs leaner at idle ~16ish.

You can buy fuse taps that slide in to the big spade style fuse's on the shelf at Autozone.

Last I checked we did not carry for the mini spade's though.

Here's a pic of an IHI turbo off a stock 2.3 turbocoupe.

It has the 02 sensor in the downpipe side after compressor so you should be okay whether it's before or after.

?action-view&current=100_0829.jpg

nice install.. More on those wire taps.. i havent seen those before.. do you have a link to them or something... they are way cleaner looking than any other tap i have seen

found it. looking at getting a big pack of the grey high temp butt connectors that are supposed to be heat resistant to 500 degrees F.

check out the downloadable catalogs http://www.posi-lock.com/installer.cfm#

nice install.. More on those wire taps.. i havent seen those before.. do you have a link to them or something... they are way cleaner looking than any other tap i have seen

found it. looking at getting a big pack of the grey high temp butt connectors that are supposed to be heat resistant to 500 degrees F.

Awesome.. Im going to get some of those for when i need to tap into my harnesses.. Thanks!

Awesome.. Im going to get some of those for when i need to tap into my harnesses.. Thanks!

ZB-OE1824-500

OE1824 Posi-Lock® Ultra High Temp 18-24 ga. 500 pcs

insulated butt splice

$156.50

^ this is what I want to get and maybe I will set up something in the group buy section. I only need about 100, so if 5 people go in on a pack then it will be a good deal. they are expensive as hell if you go to an auto parts store.

I have not quite yet completed the new exhaust system(s) yet. working towards completing both of them here pretty soon.

the guy doing all the welding broke his hand and so that is holding things up now. Really wish I could weld, makes it twice as hard as it should be. running over to his house all the time and begging for help kind of gets old.

just keeping up my red tgp and truck lately has been consuming every spare second lately though. but now that they are both back on the road, I can attempt to make some progress on it once again.

ZB-OE1824-500

insulated butt splice

$156.50

^ this is what I want to get and maybe I will set up something in the group buy section. I only need about 100, so if 5 people go in on a pack then it will be a good deal. they are expensive as hell if you go to an auto parts store.

I'll take 50 of them.

ZB-OE1824-500

insulated butt splice

$156.50

Ill go in on it if you end up doing a GB