Flex-A-Form spring broke

luminal67

How does a solid transverse spring reduce body roll?

Tranverse leaves have an inherit anti-sway effect when mounted the way ours are, in addition to acting as a spring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_spring

I know, I know, it's wikipedia. but it's a good read.

This right here is one of the biggest reasons why I went with the FAF leaf spring instead of coilovers when I first lowered the car.

I just used a bigass 22mm rear sway bar, problemt solved :lol:

Tranverse leaves have an inherit anti-sway effect when mounted the way ours are, in addition to acting as a spring.

This right here is one of the biggest reasons why I went with the FAF leaf spring instead of coilovers when I first lowered the car.

So did I. :biggrin:

Ok, cool... But over bumps, my car is more stable.. Not saying yours isnt, but its not on par with mine.. Why?? Simple, some force does get transmitted over to your other side.. Its inherent of the design..

Using coilovers, the 2 sides are isolated much much more.. Makes for a more stable suspension..

Just pointing that oit :wink:

Did you think about doing a upgrade to coil over rears?

My leaf broke and that is what I did.

if u have a cheaper set then yea, i'm kinda on a budget right now

Ok, cool... But over bumps, my car is more stable.. Not saying yours isnt, but its not on par with mine.. Why?? Simple, some force does get transmitted over to your other side.. Its inherent of the design..

Using coilovers, the 2 sides are isolated much much more.. Makes for a more stable suspension..

Just pointing that oit :wink:

That's a pretty bolt statement. I'm not quite sure how isolation of the two sides will affect how the car feels going over bumps when you already have a 22mm solid sway bar with polyurethane bushings. IMO any difference will be negligible.

My Regal and Adam's GP are quite possibly the best handling cars on this forum, thanks to the poly control arm bushings.

Everyone drove Adam's at the big meet that just took place, and I have something else to prove my car's handling abilities:

snapshot20090209001642.jpg

And the video will alson demonstrate that there was no tire squeal in that turn.

I don't know how well coilovers perform, but I sure as hell know how well my FAF leaf performed.

Here are some pictures of the old spring. I had another FAF spring left over that I threw in the car for now. It sits way too high (above stock) but it will do for now, I barely drive the car.

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

The spring was pretty much toast, nothing left in it. The car was riding on its bumpstops.

I have never seen one fail that hard.

Mine isn't that bad. Its about 2" lower than it should be, but it still holds the car up. It probably wouldn't be long till it got close to that.