Chaps my ass...lost the lug nut key

tornado_735

These things are the biggest joke on the planet. And I'm the biggest dumbass.

Somehow, after my recent brake change, I lost the key to get my locking lug nuts off. I'm sure it's around here somewhere, but due to my fucking boss, I have all of 8 hours before I have to be back into work, and I have a tire that is losing air like there's no tomorrow.

Is there a way to get that bastard off? Or do I have to go to the dealer and get a replacement? Or do they have a universal tool to get them off?

Thanks

Aaron

try pounding a slightly small socket over it 12 point will work easier, once you get it hammered on use a ratchet/breaker bar to get it off.

You can get a socket one size smaller than the nut that you can hammer on to the outside of the locking nut, then you should be able to remove it.

Edit: Yea, what he said

Well, I got really lucky. My girlfriend says she saw it in the Jeep, and threw it in the back seat. So I'm going to look there first, and if it's not back there, then I'm going with your suggestions.

Thanks

Aaron

Locking lugnuts are pointless unless you have super nice wheels or live in a shitty neighborhood.

I have a locking lugnuts but the previous owner put them on. The lugnut caps don't fit on the lucking lug either. I should get some nice chrome lugs but meh.

Now take them off and put plain lugs on :lol:

Oh yeah, definitely. My neighborhood is shitty, but I highly doubt that anybody would want to rims off a '94 Grand Prix.