Ugh... rly? Abs, trac, now door locks? Sunroof?

Night Fury

Also, make sure that your battery terminals, and even grounds are nice and tight under the hood. I have seen some vehicles with every warning light imaginable turned on and it was all caused by a bad connection.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• Crazy K

• slick

• 1990lumina

Also, make sure that your battery terminals, and even grounds are nice and tight under the hood. I have seen some vehicles with every warning light imaginable turned on and it was all caused by a bad connection.

I'll double check that, but I am 99% sure all is good in that dept, my engine bay is pretty damn clean

Have you jacked up the car to see if the ABS plug is loose/corroded? Trace the wires back some, look for cuts/breaks in the wire, shorts, etc...

Yes I have, everything looked perfect, underbody/wheel wells are very clean/good shape.

Oh, today makes three FULL days of NOTHING happening... I really don't understand.

Watched teh volt gauge all day, lowest it got while running was 12.8 and that was when first started this morning.

One thing I did notice, the date 'page' on the DIC is messed.

It said "Sunday May 26"

The 26 is right, but why the eff does it say sunday? its tuesday!

it was right before..................

Didn't get a chance to diag teh BCM, I had to work cause this bitch at work FINALLY GOT FIREDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow fo sho

Okay, just went out with Chelsea and did some investigating.

Took kick panel down, took out BCM and took apart out of curiosity :lol: Took pictures if anyone is curious. Damn thing controls everything!

Anyhoo, BCM is NOT what was buzzing. Coming from low center dash area? We pulled fuses until the buzzing stopped. Fuse #18 in the engine bay, 10A. Labeled 'DISPLAY'. Nothing about it in the owners manual... Funny thing about it is is that it cant be regular displays or anything... there is another fuse labeled 'DISPLAYS', and in the owners manual it includes everything, HUD, DIC, etc etc etc....

What is this mystery 'DISPLAY' fuse and why the fuck is it buzzing in my dash?

soooo what dies other than the buzzing when you pull the underhood "display" fuse?

I couldn't find ANYTHING. One of us was out pulling the fuse, the other was in the car trying to figure out what else it controlled... then we switched places, neither one of us could find anything, it was as if it was JUST for the terrible buzzing... :lol:

If I have no work tomorrow a t work I' might have a look around at the wiring diagrams for your car and see what all is on the DISPLAY fuse.

Hey Buck, do you think all of this had anything to do with your battery having died recently? Batteries don't really just die like that. There's usually a pretty good reason.

Hey Buck, do you think all of this had anything to do with your battery having died recently? Batteries don't really just die like that. There's usually a pretty good reason.

The battery died because we were messing with it for like an hour, then I left an inteior light on overnight, and then used windows and radio the next morning all before I started it again. :lol:

If I have no work tomorrow a t work I' might have a look around at the wiring diagrams for your car and see what all is on the DISPLAY fuse.

I would GREATLY appreciate that!

There are two display fuses.

DISPLAY and DISPLAYS

The latter being all of the regular display related stuff. I need to know the first one. fuse #18

Which reminds me. I still need to convert both my cars to LED interior lighting. That way if you forget one on, it doesn't suck up all your power.

No issues today, other than one instance where the traction control kicked in when I was backing out of a parking spot. Surprisingly, it didn't kick the lights on.

Not a single problem yesterday either, and I even utilized both trac control and abs.

I guess my main concern is the buzzing now, if anyone has all-data access I'd greatly appreciate knowing what is on that circuit...

Fuse 18, "DISPLAY", 2005 Prix, GTP

Most of you know my issue with my ABS/TRAC, but to recap, something keeps triggering them to turn off while driving. I can't seem to pin down what triggers it. Sometimes I can drive for miles without issue, sometimes the moment I put it into drive or reverse it will trigger. Or anywhere imbetween. When it doesn't, ABS and TRAC will be really sensitive. Trac control will kick on even on a slight corner or shift, and abs will kick in with even mild braking with nothing there to lock up the wheels.

EXACT same problems I'm having on my 2001 Impala.

BOTH almost caused me a crash.

1) Trying to stop after a car quickly slowed down unexpectedly. The ABS decided it was time to come on even though the tires never lost traction.

2) Trying to pull out quickly onto a crowded road, and the TC decides to come on and VASTLY limit my power to the wheels. I had to backup FAST to avoid being hit.

But anyway, to help rule out some of the possibilities...

A new BCM didn't fix the ABS / Traction issues.

I purchased a new right front wheel bearing,

and codes STILL persist.

*Right Front Wheel Speed Erratic

*Left Front Wheel Speed Erratic.

or something along those lines.

So I'm wondering if there's another module somewhere that could be screwing up, or something in the wiring from the wheel speed sensors to, wherever they go.

For the record, all my tires ARE inflated correctly.

oh, and the car has 228,000 miles. :peace:

Thanks for narrowing things down! ;)

Oh, still no error lights for what now, 2 weeks?

BUT the traction control still kicks in in stupid situations where it shouldn't, like above. Never had it affect control of the vehicle though.

I've been looking on GM's service information site for any sort of diagram that would help. But I couldn't find anything. No breakout or schematics for any of the underhood fuses. The power distribution schematics in general are a complete freaking joke. GM sucks at wiring diagrams. Sorry, maybe somebody can get something decent from a third party service information portal like ALLDATA or Mitchell.

There is a list of what is on that fuse (but obviously no freaking diagram with it). It says:

FUSE 18. DISPLAY FUSE. 10A. Electronic Compass Module , CRUISE SWITCH Fuse, Air Temperature Sensor - Inside and HVAC Control Module

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that water can accumulate in the wire covering / tape / plastic protective thing from the WSS to the EBCM. I might go re-wire the system with new wires and protective stuff.

Before I do, anyone know if this will screw anything up? It's A/C current through the system, so the length of wire shouldn't matter (VERY small voltage drop)

Will 16/18ga. speaker work fine if properly protected?

Also, do the wires need to be twisted?

They are in the wiring diagram.

Thanks.