• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• MonteCarloChick

• boymeetspavement

• AWeb80

IIRC. 3.1's Don't have a resonator where as the 3100's do. that affects the sound right there. i could be wrong though

Correct. The 3.1 MPFI exhaust lacked a resonator. Just a cat and muffler(s).

I'll have to disagree with this. I've seen a few later model (92-93) 3.1Ls with resonators. I believe most were the single outlet exhaust.

IIRC. 3.1's Don't have a resonator where as the 3100's do. that affects the sound right there. i could be wrong though

I'll have to disagree with this. I've seen a few later model (92-93) 3.1Ls with resonators. I believe most were the single outlet exhaust.

yeah my 94 lumina had i resonator. i took it out...... was that a bad isea?

yeah my 94 lumina had i resonator. i took it out...... was that a bad idea?

do you like the tone it has now?

For sound I'd have to say Flowmaster 40-series. For decent sound and GREAT flow, take a look at the Hooker aero-chambers. They are more reasonable in price too.

yeah my 94 lumina had i resonator. i took it out...... was that a bad isea?

x2, mine had one too

yeah my 94 lumina had i resonator. i took it out...... was that a bad idea?

do you like the tone it has now?

A bit raspy when cold but then it settles down when warm. i guess I'll put in a 40 series since Ive been looking for muffler

i was just saying, its not going to hurt anything to pull it off, tone is about all it does, maybe a very slight amount of backpressure...

My exhaust has glasspacks of some kind on them and they sound pretty good. Although I really want a set of flowmasters like 1LoudCutty has on his.

FYI for others, I have dual 40 series delta flows... No resonator and 2.25" catback..

It does sound suprisingly good...

My exhaust has glasspacks of some kind on them and they sound pretty good. Although I really want a set of flowmasters like 1LoudCutty has on his.

FYI for others, I have dual 40 series delta flows... No resonator and 2.25" catback..

When you/he say 2.25" catback you/he means? the whole Exhaust System right? if so where can i get it from? and does that include the headers?

"cat-back" means from the catalytic converter to the exhaust tips/outlets. Headers are not included in "cat-back"

oh aight thanks. nice so i could save up and get me some duel mufflers and piping

When you/he say 2.25" catback you/he means? the whole Exhaust System right? if so where can i get it from? and does that include the headers?

I just had mine custom bent at a local exhaust shop... And yes, its from the coverter to the rear..