Boneyard Find

Husky

Take some pics if you can please

I'm looking for a black plastic clip that holds the rubber vacuum block into the throttle body. If it has it, be careful removing it, as it is old plastic. I would like to see the condition of the front bumper cover and valence as well.

Thanks

i need the coolant pipe that runs from the water pump to the oil cooler.. here are pictures below, also need the t-stat housing, and the fuel lines that runs next to the brake master cylinder, and need the fog lights if not damaged.. the passenger side the most.... Also ill take the x-over.. Let me know how much if you can pull these parts.. Where are you located?

TGPPartsForSale073-1.jpg

TGPBuild022-1.jpg

TGPPartsForSale060-1-1.jpg

TGPBuild029-1.jpg

does this car have grey leather 4 million way power seats?:) i am in need of front drivers seat or possible pair if price is right. let me know.... thanx!.........scot

do you have a black/grey or red/grey? either way that is cool you want to restore it because any tgp with grey leather is super rare.

we were just talking about this here:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=78206.0

my two tgp's with grey leather are pretty bad. the better set have almost 200k miles on them and the yellow foam is visible on the side buy they are broken in very well and VERY comfortable at least the lumbar and everything works still. actually both sets of seats are looking about the same.

I am working on finding a source for recovering them if you are interested check this out.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=76733.0

I also know someone selling a regular white 90 with perfect grey leather interior but she won't even consider selling it for less than $2500. but you should keep your eyes peeled for 88-91 GP N/A cars in your area with grey AQ9s. maybe you will get lucky and find a good one for cheap with the right seats.

my car is red with grey leather. its not a restorer car i paid good money for it. its damned near factory perfect except for that one damned driver seat with the ripped lumbar. best one ive ever seen to date! not bragging of course:) the white car is probly worth it to someone if the interior is perfect i paid $2200 or $2500, cant remember. it was more than i wanted to spend but i really prefer grey over tan so i went for it!:)

pics of my car here if anyone cares http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/McLarenTGP/?previewTheme=79&previewCancelUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fs258.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh264%2FMcLarenTGP%2F&offer=y

this car in the junk yard at the top of this thread was gutted when he got back there supposedly. anyone from this forum do it and has parts? let us all know!...........Scot

• 2 months later...

Maybe, a silly question but I think my instinct when/if I'd find a TGP in a boneyard woudl be to try and find someone willing to buy the whole car.. don't bone yards allow you to buy the complete hulk? Can't you restore one of these even if it does have a salvage stamped title?

-Tim

Maybe, a silly question but I think my instinct when/if I'd find a TGP in a boneyard woudl be to try and find someone willing to buy the whole car.. don't bone yards allow you to buy the complete hulk? Can't you restore one of these even if it does have a salvage stamped title?

-Tim

A lot of junkyards in my area(GA) have told me before that they can't sell the entire car. I forget the reasoning behind it, but it probably varies from state to state. The same thing goes with salvage titles. I'm pretty sure you can get "rebuilt" titles in various states after proving the necessary repairs were done to make the car road worthy again.

Yeah, junkyards around won't sell whole cars if it has officially been junked. Believe me, I, as well as others, have asked on several occasions. I think legally, they're not allowed to here in IL.

here in PA you can get a salvage title. it's very rare to find someone who will actually go through the trouble to sell you a car, but you can find them. I know a guy. :mrgreen: