Rear brake light cut out

DSC06401.jpg

View from inside compared to normal veiw

DSC06403.jpg

View from inside vs view through windshield

DSC06404.jpg

Rear window from inside

DSC06405.jpg

I asked for 35 front and 20 rear since thats what legal is and he said that he did them slightly darker... I am guessing 25 front and 15 rear maybe

That looks great!

Still gotta change those red lug caps though, lol

Jamie

I am workin on it... I will paint them when I paint the front/rear fascias

That looks great!

Still gotta change those red lug caps though, lol

Jamie

I am workin on it... I will paint them when I paint the front/rear fascias

Tint looks great. I like the red lug covers :dunno: Are you painting the fascias, or having it done?

Tom

Haha, your the first person to say they like them... I am painting them myself, I have a buddy that does body work and he is going to help me

Looks good! Im surprised you found a tint place open on a sunday. Thats cool that 35% is legal on the fronts on NE. Here in NY nothing is legal on the fronts.

Yea it looks very well done from the pics. Especially the back which is always the hardest. Whoever tinted the back window of my car did a half ass job and used shitty tint to boot. I will probably eventually have the tint guy who comes into my work re-do it.

Looks good! Im surprised you found a tint place open on a sunday. Thats cool that 35% is legal on the fronts on NE. Here in NY nothing is legal on the fronts.

Since when is nothing legal on the fronts, last time I looked at the tint law, which was a few years ago, I remember it being I wana say 30% tint on the front?

very nice!!!

I gotta ask you though.... what is your exterior paint code?

Its Redfire Metallic, WA526F I think but I can double check in the morning

looks great, and now that you have a pic further away of your car i like the lug covers painted

Thanks, It all depends on the angle I look at them if I like them or not

Since when is nothing legal on the fronts, last time I looked at the tint law, which was a few years ago, I remember it being I wana say 30% tint on the front?

(B) No person shall operate any motor vehicle upon any public highway, road or street:

(1) the front windshield of which is composed of, covered by or treated with any material which has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent unless such materials are limited to the uppermost six inches of the windshield; or

(2) the sidewings or side windows of which on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator's seat are composed of, covered by or treated with any material which has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent; or

(3) if it is classified as a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback or convertible and any rear side window has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent; or

(4) the rear window of which is composed of, covered by or treated with any material which has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent. A rear window may have a light transmittance of less than seventy percent if the vehicle is equipped with side mirrors on both sides of the vehicle so adjusted that the driver thereof shall have a clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind such vehicle.

Thats straight from the NYS Vehicle & Traffic Law. Its worded really weird, but basically its saying nothing tinted below 70% is legal on the sides. At least on cars. SUVs and Minivans can have darker tint (20%) on the back side windows, but nothing darker then 70% on the fronts. Getting the windows tinted 70% would be pointless and i doubt tint shops even do it. The very back window can be tinted as dark as you want, hell you could paint it black if you really wanted to. Normally the cops dont bother you if you dont have darker then like 35%. I have 5% on the back and 20% on the front of my TGP and ive only gotten one ticket in two years. And that was out in the middle of east buddafuck.

ya that is confusing as hell.. lol but ya, I usually get it backwards, but I meant 30% tint being 70% going through... but according to this does that mean I could tint my front windshield too, I always thought you needed a prescription to do that...

I think they just mean a tint strip on the windshield, which is 6 inches down. That can be as dark as you want i believe. I dont have one on my car, dont really like the way it looks.