• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• jake91

• ZoomZoomFan

• jman093

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who is bashing GM for not replacing the gasket can fuck off !

These cars were made as far back as 1996, gaskets leak after time, give me a fuckin break !! Especially considering some of these cars made it 250k-300k miles before having a problem!

At what point does GM relieve its liability here?

Do you expect a life time fucking warranty? Here is a wild concept what happened to the responsible owner who lifts his or hood once in a while to check the oil or add washer fluid and notices a fucking oil leak? The leak has to be pretty bad before it starts a fire, I know I have seen one of these personally. What do these jack offs do? They slam the hood and just keep adding oil and don't take it in to get fixed.

Sorry folks but this isn't really GMs responsibility here.

Toyota has been busted very recently for allowing life threatening problems to continue and not recalling their cars because it may affect their "image of quality".

Fuck that!

I will drive GM til I die, and if you chose not to over this type of shit, do us all here a favor and GTFO !!

Right......may being the key word. If the past is any indication to the future the gasket won't get replaced. The L67 recall, called for the gasket right?

No, it was also recalled only to have the retainers installed in the NHTSA release. GM goodwilled the gasket as a part of the recall.

Rob has it right here. Many of these cars are in JY's because of crazy high miles. They sure as hell didn't make it there because of an engine fire.

Seriously, the 3% of people out there that actually work and do regular maintenance are the one's that are freaking out. The 97% of the public that has their oil changed, brakes replaced, and tires changed, they are driving these cars day in and day out. Are they freaking out? No.

Seriously, you guys think Ford hasn't had any recent recalls due to fire safety? These are on new cars, not on cars that are going between 5-15 years old now!

Jesus Christ people.

...And this is why I don't own a GM anymore..

And why my next car won't be a GM.

You guys act like GM cars are the absolute worst :lol:

In many cases, they are. They've been making piles of shit for far too long.

Don't get me wrong, here. I LOVE my Grand Am. I've been driving it for over two years now and it's been nothing short of a great car. Same goes for both of my grandma's Cadillacs. However, when it comes time to shop for a Grand Am replacement, there are tons of other cars I am considering in addition to GM ones.

If I find a decently priced and good condition Ford product or (*GASP*) an import, then I'll buy it. Okay, so finding a decently priced import is impossible. But still. I still like GM and love my GA, but I'm less of a "GM loyal" than I used to be.