Towed my tgp home last week and done a few small things I am in love!

desert sling

I feel like a broken record since i recommend this somewhat often (but seems like its the case a decent amount of the time), but check the battery cables. Loose ones will do all sorts of crazy things. Now if thats what your problem is, I'll feel like a wizard and not a broken record.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• desert sling

• Garrett Powered

• mfewtrail

• jake91

• 2 months later...

Well driven the tgp a dozen times. Some time the past couple months I mounted my transcooler, cleaned the battery cables and terminals (+aux cable), replaced the steering lines, and wrapped the turbo with a new turbo blanket, I refurbished 8 yellow top injectors (2 extra JIC) installed them with a jeffm 160 eeprom. Last week I went to the car wash and washed the outside of the car before work, while sitting in star smucks drive though the check gauges light came on, the engine did not stumble and the light remained on for about 15 minutes. Not one of the gauges read abnormal.

I swear I have measured 14 volts at the battery and the alternator using different grounding points. I have noted that the head lights don't seem to be effected no dimming or getting brighter.

Still love the car and had a couple moments where I put my foot down, she will spin the tires when the auto trans shifts.

She surprised me and a GTO having no problem keeping up with the new goat. :burnout:

The check gauges light coming on randomly is a common issue on these TGP gauge clusters. There is more than likely nothing wrong with your car, it is just the solder joints going bad in your gauge cluster and making the light come on intermittently.

Here is how to fix your cluster: http://www.w-body.com/service/checkgauges.html

looks like the dash pad needs to be unfastened, the dash top is on my list to be replaced.

I am dreaming because everyone I come across lives somewhere else and wants >100

It would be shear luck to find a good dash top in az for about $60. Its a dry heat LOL