Towed my tgp home last week and done a few small things I am in love!

desert sling

Yesterday I drove my tgp for the 2nd time, I love it

has a few issues like everyone write's about.

cross member? not sure about it but the turbo has a re-manufactured gretty tag on it, when I stomped on the pedal i noticed the boost gauge reads close to +15

oil leak at the oil pump drive I put a distrib gasket and cleaned the hell out of the engine compartment

doesn't leak any more

needed rubber coolant hoses oil return line

spark plugs, wires fuel pump and o2 sensor

amber abs light flashes

I dont get aldl data out of the abs, but I can get my otc scanner to connect to the ecm.

Got a chilton repair book it sucks, no schematic or info on the abs, so short of checking fuses I am not sure where the abs cpu is nor which relays go to what.

hopefully the gm repair manual will have info i need, just bought a used one on ebay

vibration from the passenger front I dont feel this in steering wheel but my passenger said she feels it

maybe a bearing or halfshaft, I am hoping its not too windy this evening so I can get a chance to see if there is play there.

other then that the suspension feel tight and handles well on the crappy road I drove her on

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• desert sling

• Garrett Powered

• mfewtrail

• jake91

Yesterday I drove my tgp for the 2nd time, I love it

has a few issues like everyone write's about.

Congrats on getting a TGP. Some people get them and never make it to the first drive. :lol:

cross member? not sure about it but the turbo has a re-manufactured gretty tag on it, when I stomped on the pedal i noticed the boost gauge reads close to +15

The boost gauge reading high is normal. They're really inaccurate from the factory and even bone stock cars typically show up to 15psi on the gauge.

needed rubber coolant hoses oil return line

Most of us use silcone hose for the oil return line, the same kind that most diesel shops use. If you can't find any locally check with "TGPilot" on the board here, he should still sell oil return hoses that are pre-cut to the proper length.

amber abs light flashes

I dont get aldl data out of the abs, but I can get my otc scanner to connect to the ecm.

Got a chilton repair book it sucks, no schematic or info on the abs, so short of checking fuses I am not sure where the abs cpu is nor which relays go to what.

hopefully the gm repair manual will have info i need, just bought a used one on ebay

If I remember correctly, the OTC "ABS reader"(the old school one, not sure if the newer ones will work on our cars) is needed to pull our abs codes. Besides that, the GM tech scanners will pull them.

How often is the brake master cylinder pump running(you should hear it humming under the hood when it runs)? Does it run at every press of the brake pedal? You're supposed to get 3-5 presses of the pedal before the pump runs. The most common issue with the amber light flashing is from the accumulator(nitrogen charged ball located under the brake master cylinder on the left side <--if you're facing the front of the vehicle) having a depleted charge. I believe SIA electronics now carries replacement accumulators for our cars if you do end up needing one. There website can be found here: http://www.siaelec.com/

The large factory repair manuals do have the ABS info in them. If you end up getting any codes pulled for the ABS, I could scan up the info for that particular code for you if you haven't received your manual yet.

anybody know how much are the accumulators from SIA are, or verified they got them?

I did not know SAI had them but have been looking for one for awhile and called a few other places.

If not, I will probably call on monday and let you know.

welcome though. and you got pics you could post up?

anybody know how much are the accumulators from SIA are, or verified they got them?

I did not know SAI had them but have been looking for one for awhile and called a few other places.

If not, I will probably call on monday and let you know.

I have not verified it nor do I remember if anyone else has. I figure they do carry them since they reman the PMIII's though. Since prior reman supposedly quit working on them and now recommends SIA, they might have sold them their remaining stock. Prior used to want a little over $100 shipped for the accumulator. SIA charges less for remans than prior did, so I would assume they might offer the accumulators at a bit of a lower price too. Let us know what you find out.

my scanner has a cartridge reader and I use the gm cartridge, I wonder if any one else has tried to connect the two together.

I guess the crossover is bad, when the engine is hot is hunts like a vacuum leak, other wise when its cool and warm it runs great. It runs rich when it starts to hunt, is this the symptoms of a cracked cross over?

just got a qoute from SIA Electronics, not cheap $250 + return shipping

there was/is a 1992 grand prix in phoenix for 250, but i dont want to make this car a project.

I am a little upset (maybe bugged not really pissy) with the surprise my tgp gave me this mourning, power steering pressure line went. I think it was the 4th time I driven her.

I cleaned the engine compartment 2x to get the oil from the oil pump drive leak oh well guess I will clean it again.

Oh I got the oil return line from parts plus (Merl's in tucson) but they sold me 3 feet, so I got an extra 2

Called them, talked to a guy named Kevin. He seemed to know exactly what I was talking about when I said 1990 Grand Prix. I posted their number a little while back somewhere here a search should turn it up.

Addicted To Boost & jake91 did either of you happen to look @ the 92 grand prix on craigslist?

i wonder how nice the interior is, how the engine runs?

I talked to Kevin yesterday and he said $125 to me too. and I bought the one on ebay for $375. and messaged the guy who I assumed was from sia but not sure on this yet. I haven't paid for the pmIII yet because I was just going to see if they would sell me like 2 or 3 accumulators if they had those for sale. the response simply said $250.00. So I responded asking them what exactly this basically one word response meant??? was that for an accumulator or the pmIII or restocking fee (I asked about their return policy). then they messaged back saying that was for an accumulator and to check his website (which is not listed anywhere) and the pmIIIs on his website are $565+core but then you look on sia's site and they are $700+core. I started getting confused and asked what his website is and waiting for a response now.

this whole thing is getting very confusing very fast though with all thes prices fluctuating by hundreds of dollars within a matter of like a few weeks. makes me think this company might be on shaky ground with the economy being what it is. maybe we should all just get what we can WHILE we can.

Garrett Powered

I am glad I am not the only one, I did look at the website and did notice those prices with the lack of descriptions. Maybe the person whom handles the web customers is a little lazy and shady? The inconsistency is already giving them bad publicity.

There is is a second PMIII assembly on ebay! :exclaim:

Can't help to hate listening to the pump every time I press the brake pedal. :frown:

jake91 its a 3.4 quad cam with a body package for $250 1992 :wink:

they sold one from ebay on march 20th to some other guy(no feedback yet) and then the next listing expired and they relisted it and I bid 375 on the last day and got it. but now the guy just responded to me again and did not list his website but basically ignored all my concerns like normal and made a comment that concerned me.

he said he will only refund my money if its a defective unit and will forward my message to ebay to let them see what kind of person that he is dealing with. :confused: I was like, so are you categorizing me as a certain type of person??

the listing said 7 day return policy with no mention of there being an exclusion for a return of a working item. so I am glad I asked, but it also says a 30 day warranty. I never said I would just return it anyway... I think thats what he may be worried about that he'll get it right back in the mail.. in fact I said that I will probably buy it and keep it as a backup even though I don't need it and would like to have a backup. I just mentioned it would make more sense to just skip past all the shipping and just get me what I need in the first place, 2 or 3 accumulators. his response did not address any of what I said. basically he ignored all that.

so the guys at the website seemed shady? well the ebayer seems even more and borderline scandalous, or at least unconcerned with my needs. but as a seller he has very little feedback if any and some negatives actually. the way he communicates is really starting to concern me with his one word responses and ignoring most of my questions. this is starting to look like a deal thats too good to be true if you know what I mean.

I am going to call sia tomorrow and get to the bottom of this and find out if they are selling their pmIII's on ebay under the name zkboys. and if its all the same dealer, then whats the actual price for things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-91-CUTLAS-GRAND-PRIX-REGAL-ABS-HYDRAULIC-ASSEMBLY_W0QQitemZ320356645737QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item320356645737&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

looks like the last one for $375. and it ends in a few days.

after that there is two more listed for $500 and they are going to be on for 5 and 6 days.

so looks like if you have the guts to deal with these zkboys you better do it fast because they don't take no crap off anybody and don't want no questions.. just get them now while supplies last. I am starting to get the point- this was sale price and sale ends soon. :willynilly: I think I will just pay for my item and hope the sia place will still sell me an accumulator tomorrow for $125.

... well my gut instinct just told me to go ahead and pay for it.

this deal better not be bunk. I will let you guys know when I get it. but I don't really need it, thats the thing. but I just know if it's a good part it will have been a good investment.

oh, and I paid with paypal so I can file a claim if I have to.

Wow I want those wheels for my 91.. No I haven't checked out that GP either.

1. Its not a 5-speed.

2. It has an LQ1.

That GP would not have a PMIII anyway.

"Wow I want those wheels for my 91" uh

do newer gp's have the same bolt pattern?

Do you want to Half it?

No Pmiii Yeah I am kinda considering a brake swap, but dont have the free time