Towed my tgp home last week and done a few small things I am in love!

desert sling

"Wow I want those wheels for my 91" uh

do newer gp's have the same bolt pattern?

Do you want to Half it?

No Pmiii Yeah I am kinda considering a brake swap, but dont have the free time

'88-'96 will fit all cars, with some exceptions with regard to brake size.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• desert sling

• Garrett Powered

• mfewtrail

• jake91

UGH!!! :mad:

CROSSOVER :cry:

Just took some metal snips and cut the heat shield off, the rear bellow has detached from the turbo side.

I was really hoping the new vacuum line's would had made the car run better.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

she is only running rich, one of my good buddies insist the exhaust leak doesn't cause the rich condition.

:question: I swear I have checked or replaced everything else. I think it's the problem, I read it here! Any takers?

I figure my friend works on allot of vehicles, he is a full time mechanic; but maybe he did not hear me talking about the o2 sensor is mounted in the turbo. It makes since because the mixing of fresh air happens before the gases get to the o2 sensor. I suppose in a n/a engine an exhaust leak would not have that much of an effect because the leak could more resistant to let gases pass unlike the rest of the exhaust pipe.

I had a hard time with this, because I am doubting myself. Can I blame my multiple projects, my house, my dogs, calc 3, physics with calculus, maybe the luster of the tgp has clouded my mind. I know I am the only one to blame.

• 1 month later...

Update!

Got an accumulator from gmpartsdirect, manf date 1996 nos. its been a couple of weeks sense

I received it. $154 shipped.

I am really getting impatient, tgpilot (Kenny) has had my money and my cross over for close to a month.

I have not heard from him sense.

Kenny wrote telling me his shop was sold around sept writing it has been a long time. I think this to be about 6 or 7 months. My perspective of time is a bit different because when I am busy time flies, years can seem like yesterday. but I cant say I am any better, I have had a ps3 sitting for the same amount of time, just waiting on me to open it and tell the owner which drive to order.

I suppose for any other car, I would not be worried and getting impatient.

Right :sad: :redface:

I suppose my excuse was/is that I was finishing up calc III and physics (mechanics with calculus II), plus tiring to work close to full time as possible. still kicking my self for not taking any classes this summer, feel like age is catching up. whats really sad I have the new stainless expansion joints. still praying I'll get the cross over back. learning the hard way :burnout:

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny Finally wrote and apologized, gave 2 reasons why its been so long.

He said it was completely out of his control, I wont challenge that because so very much is out of my control!

:eek:

Now I got a Jeff m top gun and a replacement overflow on the way!

Hope I can enjoy my tgp before the semester starts

• 4 weeks later...

Jeeze I need a crossover too, Kenny was about my last hope to get a professionally done bolt on replacement. I just hope he can catch up on things soon here.

Jeeze I need a crossover too, Kenny was about my last hope to get a professionally done bolt on replacement. I just hope he can catch up on things soon here.

Anyone that can weld decently could fix it for you. If they had the car to use as a jig, it'd probably make things easier so they could tack the flexes in place and make sure everything lines up properly, then finish the welds off-car.

If I needed one right now, I could attempt one since I got the one car down. I don't know how to weld though. so too bad. I want to make a 2.5" downpipe too so I might hire someone to weld all that up.

I got a blown crossover here with the steel heatshield off it already and a car ready to weld it in place. spare turbo for mock up and know a shop in town that can waterjet the DP flange.

....would be more inclined to try it if I had some bellows. I am looking for a used welder still also.

1 3/4 right? the four inches that sucks I think they will work on my fiero so I did not waste money there; if I get around to it. :biggrin: I got an extra crossover so when I get a chance I will take a picture with the new bellows and the cross over side by side. Still thinking about it; another person whom decides to make a fixture can probably make the money invested back.

• 3 weeks later...

got my crossover from kenny k. looks really good.

Have a 3 day weekend comming up, so if its cools and I feel good, she should be moving down the road by monday. will post some pics

got my crossover from kenny k. looks really good.

Hey man...just curious as I do not want you to send it back to me or forward it to someone...did you receive a PCM in the box also with your x-over or just a cross-over? Honestly I was going to send you something to make up for the severe delay in getting you the cross-over...but I need to know if you got a PCM as well. Please let me know man!

Thanks,

-Kenny

• 1 month later...

Maybe a little crazy on my part. So I am lowering my tone. Honestly it's my fault for being took. If Kenny asked for a reference the answer is no. Back to my tgp!

Today when my fan kicked on my engine stumbled and the check gauges light came on. The temp was under 220 and my fuel tank is full, oil presure was about 35. Any susgestions?

Today when my fan kicked on my engine stumbled and the check gauges light came on. The temp was under 220 and my fuel tank is full, oil presure was about 35. Any susgestions?

Probably related to voltage since the engine stumbled when the fan kicked on. Check the voltage while running, then turn several things(headlights, ac, blinker, etc.) on to put a load on the electrical system and see if the engine stumbles again.