This Crap Any Good?

pwmin

I'm ordering a JVC KD-AR805 from SonicElectronix and I need a wiring kit, too so I figured I would just order that from there, too to save on shipping. I don't need the whole kit, just power wire, a fuse holder and RCA's. I just need 8ga. I'm trying to keep it around $20 (pretty much arbitrary, but I'm trying to spend as least as possible) and all the complete kits in that price range have super cheesy RCA's. I don't need anything great, just something half-decent. I'm going to get JL wire and a fuse holder that also had 1' of wire and a ring terminal on the end, so I'm not too worried about that stuff. My biggest question is the RCA's. I found these for $7: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12367_MA+Audio+MAC12.html

To me, they look like Monsters and they supposedly retail for $70. I just to make sure that they're not super worthless before I buy.

Thanks.

The shipping is free on the head unit, but they're going to charge me $14 to ship a fuse holder, wire and RCA's :willynilly: That's almost as much as I would pay for a full kit locally. Any suggestions on where else to look?

cool, man. thanks. I heard you guys talking about them before but couldn't remember the name. I may get 4 gauge since their prices are good.

off to order my JVC h/u

you were thinking about getting a 12 ft rca to go to the trunk? not going to be long enough. you need 15-20 ft to get back there unless you are going through the floor vents.

is the rcas for full range or low range? If its just low range, I would just get some cheap ones and thinner ones are easier to conceal in your interior than those MA audio ones. they look like a cheap rca with a bulky non flexible jacket probably best used in a home system. In fact I might order those for home use.

you were thinking about getting a 12 ft rca to go to the trunk? not going to be long enough. you need 15-20 ft to get back there unless you are going through the floor vents.

is the rcas for full range or low range? If its just low range, I would just get some cheap ones and thinner ones are easier to conceal in your interior than those MA audio ones. they look like a cheap rca with a bulky non flexible jacket probably best used in a home system. In fact I might order those for home use.

x2. What good is a 12ft rca cable in a car?? Unless its going in a pickup thats not gonna be long enough, 16ft is the normal size. I have never bought anything from knukonceptz but ive heard nothing but good things. Get i would run a 4 gauge kit if you ever plan to upgrade.

it IS going in a pickup :wink:

i'm going to order a knuconceptz kit anyway. And, yeah, the RCA's are just going to be used for a sub, but I always seem to have noize problems w/ RCA's for some reason no matter what, lol.

I'm debating which kit I should get. They only have the KLM and KFX kits in stock (out of KOL). KLM is $27 and the KFX is $52 (plus shipping). I don't need the better speaker wire that comes w/ the KFX (or any for that matter) and I may not need the better RCA's, but the fuse holder is a lot nicer and can carry more Amps. I wouldn't need the better kit for now, but if I upgrade, I may need something better.

Any opinions on which one I should get?

btw...

http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-AK4

http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-K4

is the rcas for full range or low range? If its just low range, I would just get some cheap ones and thinner ones are easier to conceal in your interior than those MA audio ones.

I am unsure of the quality of anything MA AUDIO, but I am sure of this; DO NOT SKIMP ON CABLES! They are like tires; generally overlooked, but depended on for the results you plan to achieve.

knukonceptz is dead on. Good thinking slick.

my point exactly. do not get cheap ones unless its for a quick cheap subwoofer system. for my jl 3 way components up front in my car I use a set of $100 jl audio rca's because they are thin and easy to conceal and have a nice flexible silicone jacket. I have found that thicker rca's does not always mean they are better or install nicer in a car

I would never spend $100 on rca's for a sub even for my W-7. $30- $50 would be just fine. I get some pretty nice ones from parts express. I was just trying to point out that you are going to notice the difference way more with full range stuff.

looks like the ma audio ones are on a really good sale. Im ordering a set right now.

I got these too. the jl rca's are way cheaper here than in the local store. duh. :lol: and I guess I will be using expensive ass rca's for my W-7, so nevermind what I said before. actually I think I paid like $80 for my 2 channel ones. damn, ripped myself off.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12278_JL+Audio+XB-BLUAIC4-18.html

I know a lot of people recommend that company but they seem a little kooky to me :lol:, but whatever. its done.

in fact I think that you may have been on the right path before that with the ma audio cable. that was actually a killer deal for that. A $70 rca for $12 shipped?? Thats why I bought one. :twisted:

then you could have gotten all the other stuff from Parts Express for a total cost of way less than what did you pay, over $50 plus shipping? I would have to add it all up though so don't quote me on this because parts express ends up being alot for shipping too. I ordered a ton of amp king wire from them when it was on sale last year, 120 ft total of black and red 2,4, and 8 gauge and the shipping was insane. I guess it was during the gas crunch though.

Well, no one told me about parts express, lol. It's done, though. IDK how the fuck I talked myself into paying 3 times what I wanted, lol ($65 shipped for the kit and 2 extra fuses).

Anyone need any KNu speaker wire? lol

x2. What good is a 12ft rca cable in a car?? Unless its going in a pickup thats not gonna be long enough, 16ft is the normal size. I have never bought anything from knukonceptz but ive heard nothing but good things. Get i would run a 4 gauge kit if you ever plan to upgrade.

i've got a 12 ft RCA cable and its way to damn long... then again i have my amp hidden underneath my drivers seat.

then again i also use 8guage wire for a 240 watt amp. :lol:

hidden? that is the first place a thief will look!

i'm just talking hidden from sight. that and i hope the theif brought tools, cause there is no way you're getting it out easily...

1. no room under there for greedy little fingers

2. i soldered every damn terminal( and went nuts on the power and ground, like retarded nuts)

3. screwed down into the frame(after i went through the trouble of removing the carpet, measuring/rearranging everything, then repeat in reverse

i blew the fuse on it once, and i had to remove the seat just to change it. although i really need some right angle RCA plugs that way i don't risk cutting them off if i adjust the seat...

and everyones car that i see( at least around here), if they have an amp, its never under their seat, its always somewhere in the trunk, or in the backseat, depending on how cool they think they are...

you and me both, brother.

soon it'll be impossible to steal the car(by driving it anyway, towing will always be an issue) as well, thanks to the 16 position BIN switch. all i have to do is make a tune that injects no fuel at any time, burn it to the default position, take the switch with me, and no start....

haven't gotten to install anything yet cuz the truck is still in Loveland, but this shit looks pretty good. I'm impressed so far, but we'll see once I get it installed.

anyone have any input on what I should do for the dash speakers? I know it would be awesome to build or buy pods, but I don't have the patience or the money for that. I mean, I can just replace them, but the biggest I can fit are 3.5". I don't really want to cut the kick panels like was done on the Blazer I had.

what components can you fit in it? 3.5 inch area in the dash you could fit a tweeter there and maybe a 4 inch mid in the door? get some mb quart component 4"? I have no idea what you have room for. pods are cheap to build if you got a few weeks to mess with it.. if you got pics of the area you got to work with, I could tell you how, or at least what I would attempt to do. I have podded in areas i wish I hadn't so I know what you mean.

I have done real good work by foaming the area and using the shape to glass over and form it with. the foam gives you a 3-D object you can use for placement of the baffle. meaning you can take the mid mounted on a 1/4" mdf plate, and sometimes even the crossover, bag them up, and then foam them where you want them, and then just go with the plan with your fiberglass shell. alot of the time you cant tell its not stock, but the sound is so much better.

• 4 weeks later...

sry i didn't get any pix. I've been busy. I did get the stereo installed and it works pretty well. I'm liking the h/u very well so far...so much easier to use than the kenwood.

I think I'm just going to cut out holes in the bottom of the doors for 5 or 6" components and put the tweets in the a-pillar trim pieces. I'll try to get some pix of the beast soon.