A-Pillar Trim Pieces?

GP1138

What's the deal with these? On my new 'vert these are being held in place with glue, barely, and they look to be vinyl/leather wrapped, coming loose. Does anyone have any pictures of these?

They have clips at the top but they're usually broken off. They are vinyl wrapped "trimmed down"

coupe stock pieces. Most of the ones I see the vinyl is coming loose from age I'm assuming(glue dried out).

i even tried using some 3m spray and that didnt work to well im just gonna take mine to a shop and have them replace the vinyl with frsh stuff i thought i had pics but i cant find any sorry

They have clips at the top but they're usually broken off. They are vinyl wrapped "trimmed down"

coupe stock pieces. Most of the ones I see the vinyl is coming loose from age I'm assuming(glue dried out).

so i might be able to take a set of stocks and with some careful cutting they would work???

Thats what they look like to me. Course these cars started as coupes so

I suspect that they were cut down coupe pieces rather than made specifically for verts.

It would make sense(and be cheaper)

Maybe I'll take the set from my parts car coupe and see if I can make that work.

It could be done...HOWEVER...They are different between 1994 and 1995.

well yeah i know the trim in the 95s are shorter and rounded and pre 95s are longer and more boxed in at the top, they are longer cuz on the 95s the dash goes the full width and the trim does not need to follow along the door jamb like in the older models. i found all this out the experimental way :mrgreen:

but i think we are on the same page here with trimming down the 95s a-pillar to fit cuz i believe he just bought a 95

but i think we are on the same page here with trimming down the 95s a-pillar to fit cuz i believe he just bought a 95

It will work, it's what C&C did when the cars were built.

My parts car is a '94 though. I'll probably try it anyway since the pillar stops before the top on the 'vert. Both of mine are totally fucked, so at least they'll match if they're smaller and they actually fit. I already have to modify a coupe fender to fit a 'vert.

I can't imagine an upholstery shop charging much to "re-wrap" the trim in vinyl.

I haven't checked cause both my 95 verts pillars are in good shape.

And CS, I'm pretty sure your 94 pieces won't work due to the dash side

not being the same (as Swift mentioned)

Don't know, but would the coupe trim have the fore mentioned clip that holds the vert piece in place at the top? And in the right location? The way the clip on the vert trim is attached is really half assed. If it comes off, trying to reattach it is futile as would be trying to attach it to a cut down coupe piece. I've tryed several kinds of glue, two sided tape, bubble gum :joke: Nothing worked, other than drilling a hole thru the trim piece and into the metal pillar and using a trim screw :frown: That's why I'm on the hunt for another good "A" pillar trim piece with the clip still attached.

Tom

Yeah, I looked back there and I didn't see shit for a clip, or even a place to clip it on on the pillar itself. I didn't look too awful hard though, I could have missed something.

ah but i have found the cure

i just melt plastic back in its place to secure it, thats what is holding it from the factory just melted plastic

i took a empty oil quart and cut off chunks and as i melted it i let the plastic drip onto the clip spot securing it in place

I had problems with the trim on the passenger side. A local interior upholstry shop took mine out, and relayered it with new vinyl, and it looks almost like the original. They charged me $80 to do that one side. The shop is J&R Upholstry in Binghamton, NY. Nice work!!!

i dunno what the shop cahrges by me im gonna have to check it out

80 sounds like a lot tho. if its around that price i think i would try and do it myself first.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my trim peices came loose last year AND my vinyl covering was coming loose. I took both of them off and took them to a trim shop. I had them recovered in Red to match my car. I melted the clip back on and now I think it looks great. The upholstery shop charged me $50 for both.