gp tips on a cutlass

jake91

what do you think  

1. 1. what do you think

Well I replaced the mufflers at the same time so it was easy. Not to mention my vert was a 3.1 vert so it didn't have the fake tip on the OEM mufflers anyways.

But with the offset built into the GP tips if you sawsall off the fake tip, and clamp the GP tips to the real tip, it should center up pretty good.

Well I replaced the mufflers at the same time so it was easy. Not to mention my vert was a 3.1 vert so it didn't have the fake tip on the OEM mufflers anyways.

But with the offset built into the GP tips if you sawsall off the fake tip, and clamp the GP tips to the real tip, it should center up pretty good.

probably a dumb question but since i dont own a sawzall would a hacksaw work

already have. that is a old pic, i took it off about 20 minuits after i took it. because of w-body request :lol: here is the car now

newcamera003.jpg?t=1237698252

Have you considered last gen Bonneville tips? They are more oval.

What about quad chrome tips from a STS or a 3rd gen GP?

thats why i chose these over others because i like the more squared look that these give but are still rounded

• 3 months later...

well i finally got the tips. i became to lazy and never got the ones at the yard. but i got some from slick just had to pay shipping (freebies are good :lol:) and i called midass :lol: and they said they would weld them on for around $20-$30 so once they get here i will probably have that done and will post pics

nope :) The GP tips are an aluminum pot-metal, your tips are steel. You actually may have to get your mufflers modified to accept the GP tips (diameter wise) but I'm not 100% on that.

DAMN!! could i just cut the old tips back enough that i could just use an exhaust clamp. otherwise i may just have to wait a year untill i get new mufflers :confused: