Frame Brace???

RobertISaar

i'm not sure what its called but i broke the bolts/heads of the bolts off of it getting the battery out. does anybody happen to know what size they are?

the bolt that is closest to the driver, the head broke off. i'm in the process of getting it out.

i don't remember what happened to the one right above the radiator, but it isn't there, obviously...

and yes, homemade upper strut bar... and no i can't weld that well.

I don't have a size but just go to the junkyard they are easy to get.

In the future use PB Blaster and anti-seize everything. I had mine off for the first time in 6 months and I could believe how rusty and seized it was already.

how r you getting the bolt out my upper bolt broke off to

drill... i keep stepping up sizes and then trying to get the rest of the bolt to break too. it seems like the threads go on for quite a depth though.

and i did anti-sieze EVERYTHING(WD-40)

i really don't want to use junkyard parts when there is a hardware store literally less than a 30 second drive away.

Well someone is going to have to tell you the size then, but honestly it might not be the same grade.

Have you tried using easy outs? Sears sells them.

DO NOT USE WD-40. It is junk.

WD-40 is not anti-seize, like 5speedz34 said, its junk

You want something good for penetrating get some Fluid Film, that stuff is the shit!

You want something to stop bolts from seizing? go buy some anti seize compound from the auto parts store.

Jamie

1 junkyard parts can still be good parts. you would have alot of trouble finding a bolt that is strong enough to do the job at most hardware stores.

2 the bolt threads go out the bottom of the opening. I have removed 3 of these bolts in one day by taking a nut and threading it onto the shaft sticking out the bottom of the opening, drilling it out and then tightening the nut and stretching out the remaining theads. the nut I used it the same as the one holding your struit plate down.

that said... I have those exact bolts... and nuts. I'll be happy to sell and mail em to you. lemme know if you can find those bolts in the correct size and grade for less the $5 each.

i'll see what i can do, i need an excuse to play with the bins at the hardware anyway... what grade are they anyway? 8?

i KNOW i can find them at TSC if i know the size.

and Hairy K, you're serious? 5 a piece? those are some expensive bolts...

i'll see what i can do, i need an excuse to play with the bins at the hardware anyway... what grade are they anyway? 8?

try 9.8

Also, they are metric. you will not find them at true-value, TSC, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Do-it Best.........

your only option for "new" is a dealer or mail-order. otherwise a junkyard visit will be required, or someone can mail you some good used ones.

try 9.8

Also, they are metric. you will not find them at true-value, TSC, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Do-it Best.........

your only option for "new" is a dealer or mail-order. otherwise a junkyard visit will be required, or someone can mail you some good used ones.

Or Canada, we have sections for metric bolts

Jamie

try 9.8

Or Canada, we have sections for metric bolts

Jamie

we haave here too, but they cost 5 times what SAE bolts cost. and the grade is still an issue.

did adam do it with a 30+ year old arc welder that sticks to everything?

btw... my wife decided that the exhaust adam did looked like a dildo.....

EDIT: its stable though, it tightened up the front end quite a bit. had fun hitting it with a hammer to see if the welds were that bad. worst case i'll just fiberglass over it and get it looking smooth, if for no other reason than to make it look less shitty.

and the material is a cut up antenna tower with like 3/8" wall thickness...

btw... my wife decided that the exhaust adam did looked like a dildo.....

Ribbed for her pleasure?

• 3 years later...